cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SU capacity check by quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I want to have a capacity Check in the Storage type by Quantity for Storage Unit Management, in each Bin it should not Exceed more than 40 Pallets i.e

i am Having SU Managed Pallets and in Each Storage Bin it should Accommodate only 50 SU ie 50 Pallets only.

I dont want to in KG or weight, i want only in Each Bin it should not Accommodate more than 50 Pallets and Each Pallet is SU.

Can you please Help me what Capacity check i need to Use or any other Way i can achieve.

thanks and Regards

Srinivas Reddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the actual BIN details itself you have option to limit max number of SU - check LS03N - BIN sectioning tab - you will see a field for max number of SU. Just update and test to confirm, system should issue an error if attempting to add more then what you define there

I used the same in my system since we have some BINs that are actually storage trailers...we don't want them stacking to many pallets in the trailers so we limit the total number of SU allowed, they get an error message on the scanner (hard stop) if they try to move more SU into the BIN then allowed.

Message was edited by: Jacob Rose

0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

You may consider following to fulfill your requirement:

1. Set the LE quantity for the storage unit type, please set it in the transaction MM03 for the material master in WM view 2.

2. Set the maximum bin quantity in the material master (MM03) for the involved storage type.

After that, system would check the maximum quantity can be used in the storage bin of the storage type, and then will also check how many SUs/ Pallets should be used in this bin.

Hope it works.

Best regards,

Edward

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edward

But as you said it will be against quantity based, if any one of the pallet is less than actual quantity then system permits In to bin, I nt want to happen this, it should count me in of pallets in storage bin.

Thanks

former_member234835
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas

I think you should use  Bulk Strategy and assign Pallet to Per bin as per your need , You can give the height and depth as per requirement

let me know if that does not fulfill your requirement

Regards

Mohd Khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khan

Mine is not bulk storage type and it's next empty bin, so I want to use next empty bin plus maximum no of pallets.

Thanks

former_member234835
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.