Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Rights for 'Export to PDF' for a Lumira story on LS4BIP 4.2

arunsriv
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi -

I am trying to setup access rights for report viewers for them to be able to 'Export a Lumira storyboard to PDF' and have so far assigned rights 'Export as File' as described in the BI platform administration document. In order to explain little more, here's what I have done so far -

1. In CMC, I copied View rights as View (2).

2. Modified View (2) and included 'Export as File' for Lumira document as outlined in the LS4BIP platform administration documentation.

3. Created a user group Viewers (2).

4. Created a user 'TST-USR' and included that user in Viewers (2).

5. Updated the Folder access for the user group Viewers (2).

When logging on as TST-USR, I can run the report, bookmark, create a link, save a copy of the report BUT 'Export to PDF' button is disabled. Are there additional rights those need be assigned?  As admin, 'Export to PDF' is working for me but, so far, I have not been able to find a way to enable this for the report viewers.

Has someone run into this issue? Any help? What am I missing?

Arun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun ,

Just to add , Export to PDF will work only for Stories from COMPOSE tab.

I would say , try from compose room .

If not working , go to CMC ->Applications ->User Rights ->Explicitly Grant the Export to file feature for individual user and try .

Thank you.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

For the specific user the "Share rights - Export as File" in SAP Lumira Application --> User Security should not be in Denied state.

Have you checked that for the user/group?

Regards,

Sukesh

arunsriv
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sukesh...I just confirmed...security for 'Export as File' looks OK but the problem is continuing.

Another observation, Just for testing, I assigned 'Full control' to the user and after that several functionalities like EDIT rights came available but 'Export to PDF' is still grayed out. However, as mentioned in my first post, if I login as admin, this is working for the admin only.

Arun

0 Kudos

This is the right that governs export to PDF for users. In case this is already set to "Granted", the button should not be grayed out.

I would request you to open an incident to enable us to check, if that is the case.

Regards,

Sukesh

arunsriv
Explorer
0 Kudos

Will do.