cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility Issue between Sybase IQ 16 and Sybase client 15.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having some issues with the Sybase. I am working in a linux environment and with the product installed SAS Version 9.3 .

Actually I have recently tried to install a product named SAS/ACCESS Interface to Sybase IQ.

I have checked the pre-requisites and i could see that server is having Sybase IQ version 16 and the Sybase client version 15.3.

And while registering a table, I could find these errors

========================================

ERROR: Could not load /sas/software/SASFoundation/9.3/sasexe/sassiq (65 images loaded)

ERROR: /home/sybase/IQ16/IQ-16_0/lib64/libdbodbc11.so: version `libdbodbc11.so' not found (required

by /sas/software/SASFoundation/9.3/sasexe/sassiq)

ERROR: The SAS/ACCESS Interface to SYBASEIQ cannot be loaded. The SASSIQ code appendage could not

be loaded.

ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

========================================

I have checked the folder /home/sybase/IQ16/IQ-16_0/lib64/  and i could see that there isn't the library  libdbodbc11.so present but, a symbolic link created for libdbodbc11.so that points to libdbodbc16.so .So that seemed fine.

I have contacted SAS support regarding this issue and they told me that SAS9.3 supports 5.3 Sybase Client. So would like to check with you guys that

is there any issue with the compatibility between Sybase IQ 16 and Sybase client 15.3 ?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dsliva,

The Lib_dbsl for Sybase which is dbsybslib file must be copied to standard exe directory and also to instance exe directory.

Regards,

Gopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

Thank you for the reply. The envirionment in which we are working here is a Linux RedHat server. Actually I have specified the path in the Environment Variable of the server such a way that it will take the correct executable path.

If you could verify the error, you can see that it is reaching the executable path "/home/sybase/IQ16/IQ-16_0/lib64/" without any problem.

So I wanted to know whether it is a compatibilty issue.