cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material exclusion for a region but available to a customer in that region

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to exclude certain materials for a particular region, but the same materials should be available for 1 customer in the same region.

I understand materials can be excluded using material listing/exclusion.

But I am not sure how I can make it available to that 1 customer who is also from the same region.

Appreciate your inputs with this.

Regards,

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Isn't this what Legal Control functionality in Foreign Trade is intended for?

It could be possible to use listing/exclusion with custom fields in the access, but there is no need to reinvent the wheel, when you can get something better and out-of the-box.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veselina,

I have done some research on the approach suggested by you to use the Foreign Trade. But can we use this for domestic shipping purposes as well? (Within the US).

Please advise.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried to set it up and test?

You can set up license checks also for domestic sales.

Of course, if you have GTS, then you need to discuss the business requirement with your colleague, who is responsible for configuring such scenarios.

Edit:

Additional clarification.

License check is useful in case you need to have some validity for such 'permits' per customer, material listing and exclusion do not handle well that.

If you don't need validity periods, approvals, renewing permits, then you can just go with material listing on different levels.

If you have several regions (AAA, BBB, CCC...) and just for one of the regions (AAA) you need special rules - to restrict the sales to a single customer (BBBB), then you can maintain one listing per BBB, CCC, but for AAA region maintain listing only for BBBB customer.

Third option (requires SSCR) - exclusion on region level plus a custom routine for this table in the access sequence, checking a certain attribute in the customer master.

Message was edited by: Veselina Peykova

former_member233130
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should implement your own requirement routin in vofm.you can solve it easily right there.

Hope helps.