cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible in IBP6.2 to use both fiscal year periods and Calendar months?

Former Member

Hello,

Is it possible to use in IBP6.2 both fiscal year periods and calendar months?

I tried to combine the Timeperiod level (TPLEVEL) and PARENTID but this is not allowed during upload. Error message is to use either PARENTID or TPLEVEL, The preferred combination is that i can link a technical week to calendar month and a fiscal period. Is there a way to get this realised?

Thanks,

Harmen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member195150
Participant

Hi Harmen,

since IBP 6.1 it is possible to have fiscal year periods and calendar months in the same time profile. You only need to add a appropriate technical period level as base using field 'Base Level' in the time profile definition.

In the period upload a simplified .csv format is used since IBP 6.1. The previous format is still supported for compatibility reasons but not recommended. Using the new .csv format you only need to specify the time profile level and the period start and end date. Based on these information in combination with the 'Base Level' field from the time profile definition the Parent IDs of periods are automatically determined. This reduces the risk of data inconsistencies.

As the length of the technical periods differ you may want to assign a period weight attribute to its time profile level and fill it in the period upload with e.g. the number of calendar/ working days. This can then be used in disaggreation (for details see this post).

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Thomas

Former Member

hi Thomas,

Thanks, it helped me on the right track! I got the time profile set up, activated and loaded entries with the structure. Only now i get problems with activating the planning area.

I get for some key figures error message

In calculation 101222676 | HKFPER@PER, ensure that the output key figure planning level is a subset of the input key figure(s) planning level

The time profile has Days, technical weeks (with an custom assigned attribute of type integer for the weighting factor), weeks, periods. The technical weeks are the base level for weeks and month. The week is base level for periods. If i take a time profile without technical weeks, the activation works.

The attributes - timeprofiles which contain technical week (e.g. DAYDELIVERY, PER) stay inactive.

Do you have a suggestion what I miss?

kind regards,

Harmen

former_member195150
Participant

Hi Harmen,

the mentioned issue is probably due to an inadequate planning level definition for the output key figure but this is hard to tell without a detailed analysis. If the issue persists I recommend to create an incident on component SCM-IBP-CNF-ACT.

Kind Regards,

Thomas

Former Member

hi Thomas,

I was able to figure it out. There was an inconsistency in planning level and keyfigure.

Thanks for your suggestion.

regards, Harmen

Answers (0)