cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In webdynpro Alv creation i am getting a message Mapping for root node context not Possible and not getting any output

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am beginner in webdynpro learning . In webdynpro Alv creation i am getting a message Mapping for root node context not Possible and not getting

any output . I am learning this Alv through the link given below :

TECHSAP : ALV in 10 steps Web Dynpro ABAP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen

Please be more specific are you getting the error in step 6 ? What did you do exactly?

Please provide more details to be able to help you .

Regards

Vinita

0 Kudos

Yes I am getting error at Point no 6 and I am trying to map context node to interface controller and

getting error as given below so Please help me to provide solution.

Regards,

Naveen

0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

I think you are binding you alv node to context not to DATA node of interface node.

look  getting same error while binding alv node to context

So drag you alv node and drop exactly on DATA node.

0 Kudos

Hi

I think you are asking for dropping Vbak directly to Data node . If so then again i am getting same

message.

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen

Please note I am able to follow step 6 . Check below :

1. You need to drag and drop VBAK

2. In Step 3 did you maintain the cardinality as 0:1 ?

It should work .

Regards

Vinita

0 Kudos

Hi Vinita,

Thanks for your support . But again i am getting Same message i.e Mapping for Root Node

Context not Possible and in this i am using Cardinality 0..1  and dragging Vbak . But same message .

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen

Pl check the steps again the screenshot which you attached it does not look all ok to me .

You should have followed all steps exactly as mentioned and then clicked on Create controller usuage it will add a context node and the SLFIGHT within it as you can see below

Then you need to drag the same to the left side

Please share screenshots again as in your screen I can see something as NODE_ALV where are you getting that from ? It should be context >> VBAK after that in your case

Regards

Vinita

0 Kudos

Hi Vinita,

I am still getting the Same Message even after using steps given by you . Can you explain

this alv creation from beginning so that  i can learn and develop webdynpro ALV . AS i am beginner in

webdynpro .

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen

Ideally It should work as I noticed in your last screenshots you were doing something different

Please include the screenshots as I last mentioned I can see something as NODE_ALV where are you getting that from ? It should be context >> VBAK after that in your case

Refer one more link similar to what you are doing which I found as below .

https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/Creating+an+ALV+List+in+Web+Dynpro+Application

Regards

Vinita

Szczerbowski
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Maybe you should precise with which step you have an issue.

The mapping error probably occurs if you're dragging DATA node on the ROOT node, and not on your custom node with data.

In step3 you have it explained how to create your data node.

0 Kudos

This Problem occurs when mapping from context component controller to context Interface controller in Interface controller Usage . Without this Mapping i am not getting any Output .

Szczerbowski
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes so please read CAREFULLY..

You need to drag YOUR data node not the context root, and drop it on the DATA node on the left, not the context root, then you will be fine.

0 Kudos

I think this data node is under context root  and if so i am trying this but it is allowing to do this and getting same message . Please guide with some example or elaborate this as I have just started learning webdynpro

Szczerbowski
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Then send a screenshot of what you're doing..

0 Kudos
Szczerbowski
Active Participant
0 Kudos