cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input tax code in sales return

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

For Sales return process in country Turkey , requirement is to post the tax amount as Input tax instead of output tax as we generally do in India Sales scenario.

As I understand , we can not use input tax code in sales processes. It will give error at the time of accounting.

Please help us to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Regards

TKG

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor

If this is a statutory requirement, then I am sure, there must be a standard provision to address this.  Check with SAP if you are not sure.

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Dear all,

Do we have OSS note for requirement is to post the tax amount as Input tax instead of output tax in Turkey

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TG,

As a Turkish consultant who's implemented many projects in Turkey, I can easily say we can use input tax in sales return processes. You'll need a separate pricing procedure for returns and a separate account key for tax condition type (not MWS, another one, probably VST). Relevant FI customizing needs to be done via OB40 for this account key.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your suggestion.

But in tis case we are referencing original sales invoice to create return sales order and we do not want to determine separate pricing procedure for sales return . In this case how we can use Input tax as reference is with output tax.

Please suggest

Thanks

Regards

TKG

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In Turkey, G/L accounts for input tax and output tax are different (legally binding), so you can't make a G/L tax both input and output. You'll need an input tax code, and an input tax G/L account. They are assigned via account keys, and in a pricing procedure you can assign only one account key to a condition type.

So the answer to your question is: You can't. The simplest way is the one I've suggested. You can always look for developments, but it wouldn't be worth a try in this case. Copying a pricing procedure, declaring the pricing procedure as local in copy conditions, maintaining tax assignments and creating tax condition records would not take more than one hour. This is the best practice of this process.

0 Kudos

Do we have OSS note for requirement is to post the tax amount as Input tax instead of output tax in Turkey