cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System and software requirements for SAP Predictive analysis?

vimal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to build a tool which will predict the diseases and i want to build it on SAP.

What all are system and software requirements if we want to work with predictive analysis.

Thanks,

Vimal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

PritiSAC
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Vimal,

Do you want to build predictive models or you want to build your own application using SAP technlogy that enables predictive algorithms ?

SAP's predictive analytics suite has many in-built features which can help you to build your predictive scenario on top of many different data source. In case of your disease prediction scenario - you have  already or have to prepare your dataset that would describe diseases with other characteristics. Then you can create models depending on what you want to predict. There are variety of machine learning algorithms one can choose depending on the outcome they want.

In terms of installation and system/software requirements refer to guide here: https://cp.hana.ondemand.com/dps/d/preview/9d4af2357db546a88ee5c5326be07a9d/3.0/en-US/frameset.htm/

You will also find many resources in this space on scn with tutorials and blogs that can help .

Let us know if you need more information and may be more details on your exact requirement.

Regards,

Priti

vimal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Priti,

Thanks for the response.

I am trying to build a database(on HANA) with information of patients and thereafter will use SAP Predictive analysis to predict the diseases.

but I am not aware of how to run predictive analysis tool on a database.

So probably if you can share few links from where I can get the basic information regarding predictive analysis and if there is any trial version available which I can utilize to practice on set of records.

Thanks,

Vimal

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you are using the PA3.x desktop client, then you would connect using (ODBC or JDBC to..) a HANA view - this will either be 'acquired' (i.e. records queried & duplicated to local client)  or 'online' (i.e. live data with calculations at source)

then you would apply your algorithms on the training dataset (whose suitability is to be determined by yourself), until you are satisfied with the robustness & accuracy of your model.

at this stage, your predictive model can be exported as a proceedure, to be computed directly at source in your HANA db (if that's what you want to do).  At that stage, it becomes an additional column in your table with the calculated predicted outcome.

Regards,

H

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

there is a link to trial software on the front page of this community https://go.sap.com/cmp/ft/crm-xm15-dwn-an001/index.html

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

please check out the official tutorials page to orientate yourself  http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-32651

of interest to you would be clips:

a) Work with SAP HANA Data in Connect and Download Modes

b) Work with HANA Online and Offline Data Sources

former_member192417
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal Sharma

SAP BO PA has 2 different modes through which you can connect to SAP HANA. Automated Analytics -targeted for Business Users/Citizen Data scientists and Expert Analytics for Data scientist/Advanced users.You can also have a look at the Automated Analytics Modeler and Expert Analytics user guides for all HANA related functionalities and use the PA trial version to explore.

SAP BusinessObjects Predictive Analytics 3.0 – SAP Help Portal Page

You can use HANA tables and views as a data source within SAP BO PA to build your models.

Thanks,

Debraj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

In addition to all the nice answers done here, I am just adding a direct link to our 3.0 PAM.

https://support.sap.com/content/dam/library/ssp/infopages/pam-essentials/Pred_Ana_30.pdf

I'll flag this as "Assumed Answered", Vimal feel free to reopen a new thread when you have additional questions.

Happy predictive!

Thanks

Antoine