cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Fiori IW_BEP component: front-end or back-end?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we are going to implement SAP Fiori platform in our SAP landscape; actually we installed a SAP Fiori front-end system which we'll use as a "play" system in order to make some tests before starting implementing the "real" Fiori front-ends (dev, Q&Q and prod.). We already have a SAP HCM dev system which we use as Fiori back-end system. We want to implement various SAP Fiori apps on the front-end, in particular SAP Fiori 1.0 for SAP ERP HCM, SAP Fiori for Request Approvals 1.0, etc. , and thus we are installing the corresponding add-ons on the back-end system (technical names GBX01HR 600 for SAP Fiori 1.0 for SAP ERP HCM , etc.).

These are the details for the back-end system (EHP7 FOR SAP ERP 6.0):

SAP_BASIS    740   SP13

SAP_ABA    740    SP13

SAP_GWFND    740    SP13

SAP_UI    740    SP15

SAP_APPL    617 SP11

SAP_HR    604    SP93

EA-HR    607    SP44

We installed several add-ons on the backend, in particular the folloing add-on

IW_PGW    100    SP5

for Fiori app "My Inbox" (product version: SAP Fiori for Request Approvals 1.0).

Following the SAP help pages regarding "My Inbox" add-on configuration (URL: App Implementation: My Inbox - SAP Fiori for Request Approvals 1.0 - SAP Library ), we tried to assign the OData service role "/IWPGW/RT_WF_USR" (which should have been created on back-end after the add-on installation) to our Fiori test user.

Unfortunately, we didn't find this PFCG role or role template on our back-end system after IW_PGW 100 add-on installation.

On the same SAP help page, on section "System Landscape Requirements", the add-on is specified as "Back-End Components" to be installed on back-end system.

Neverthless, on SAP Fiori Library Apps page for My Inbox app at URL: Fiori Apps Library ), the IW_PGW 100 add-on is specified as a "Front-End Component".

Our doubt is the following: where do we need to install the IW_PGW 100 add-on ? On the Fiori front-end system or on SAP HCM back-end system?

We suspect that we are unable to find the OData service role "/IWPGW/RT_WF_USR" on our back-end system due to the fact that this add-on has to be installed on front-end system.

Thanks a lot in advance for your support,

Marco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Component IW_PGW should be installed on your frontend server.

If your backend server is on an SAP NetWeaver version lower than 7.4, then you need to have the SAP IW BEP 200 SPxx Gateway component installed on the backend server.

For role template /IWPGW/RT_WF_USR, please refer to Unbale to find /IWPGW/RT_WF_USR in frontend / i... | SCN.

Regards,

Ning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ning,

thanks for your feedback. Indeed we managed to resolve the issue by applying the latest SP to the SW component/add-on IW_PGW 100 (from SP05 to SP08) on the back-end, and applying all the SAP OSS notes for IW_PGW 100 SP08 mentioned on OSS note 2106212 - Release Information Note for SAP Fiori My Inbox . After doing this, we can now see the role template "/IWPGW/RT_WT_USR" on our SAP HR back-end system.

Thanks,

Marco

Answers (0)