cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot see data for one hana CA view after upgrade

0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have had an hana upgrade last month, after upgrade I cann't get data of one hana view from BO webi report.

Then I used the hana account used by BO system to logon to hana studio.  I can see the hana view, but I cannot get 0 rows using data preview.

I want to know what settings affected which account can see the view data. Why it changed after upgrade?

Thank you !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi WeiFeng,

After upgrade it is generally advised to redeploy the model/view.

alternatively, try to run a select on the view, with power users like content_migration and see if it provides any result?

Regards,

Aravind.

0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

I reactived the view, but this didn't work, I still cannot see the view from BO.

I run this report from BO in development system, everything is OK.

so I don't know what should I do next.

Thanks.

former_member182465
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am on same page as Anindya. Generally session client will be by default. So please check that setting.

0 Kudos

Hi Abilash,

The 'default client' property was 'Session Client'.

Thank you for your reply.

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

What was your version before upgrade ?

I would first check View Properties and if it has "Cross Client" or "Session Client"

Regards

Anindya

0 Kudos

Hi Anindya,

The version before upgrade was 85.03.

And the property ‘default client’ was ‘session client’.

I compared the view properties with other views, all the seetings are the same.

Thanks.

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi WeiFeng

So, you have two ids . With one you can see data, and with another ( BO ID)  you cannot see data .

Can you compare those two Ids and see if session client is set differently for those two ids?

Can you see data for other models with that particular  BO  ID ?

Regards

Anindya

0 Kudos

Hi Anindya,

The session clients for these two ids are both blank.

I can see the data of other views using the BO ID.

Thanks.

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, so next thing you might want to check

a) if you have some sort of Analytical Privilege applied for this particular Calculation View

b) if you have more than one schema used for this particular model . 

Can you try changing it to "Cross Client" in Development system and check if you are getting data ?

Regards

Anindya

0 Kudos

Anindya,

I don't know how to check the  Analytical Privilege applied to view, could you give me more advices?

I have checked the view property, and see the apply privilege was Analytical Privilege.

I changed the default client to "Cross Client", but it seems to be not helpful.

In our development system(also upgrade), everything is ok, I can see the data from BO without doing any change to view.

In this view I select data from a table in another schema, other views which had similar design can work after upgrade.

Please help to advise.

Thank you!

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This is my understanding. Please confirm if wrong

1) There is no problem in Development system , and you face problem in Quality or Production only

2) This view gets data from multiple schema unlike other views where you have no issue .

Just a wild guess, can you check if  _SYS_REPO and this BO ID has SELECT access to all the schema this model gets data from ?

Regards

Anindya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are you getting any error ? or just message as " no rows retrieved "  while using the data preview

Thanks and Regards,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

I get no error. only get no rows retrieved.

But I can see the data using other user ID.

Thanks!