Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import project into NWDS 7.5 issue

bhavya_sri3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are trying to migrate existing 7.01 WDJava applications to 7.5. In this process, we encountered a project structure which has all the EJB, beans and WDComponent present inside another project. Can anyone help me how to import such a project into NWDS.

I have imported using 'Existing project into workspace' option. I'm able to see all the content in Resources & J2EE perspective. But I'm not able to see the Webdynpro component.

Can anyone tell me if there is another way I should import the project into wrokspace so that I can see the webdynpro java component in the webdynpro perspective.

Below are the screenshots of repository, project in file structure and navigator.

Repository:

Folder structure in PC:

Workspace:

Th folder 'BC_labeling' has a .project file itself. So it is considered as a project and under which the other projects are existing.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bhavya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member191044
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try right click on the project and use "Development Component" --> "Convert Project to Development Component"

Regards,

Tobias

bhavya_sri3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried the option of 'Conver Project to Development Component' for the project BC_Labeling. But the popup has no components under it to be selected. i.e a blank popup came.

The context menu of the actual WebDynpro component doesn't have the "Convert Project to Development Component'.

Can you please suggest if you think of any other alternative.

Thanks,

Bhavya

former_member191044
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you import the actual WD Comp as own project and try that again? BC_Labeling seems to consist of several different project types.

bhavya_sri3
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for a quick response Tobias.

I tried creating DC for the webdynpro alone now. It asked me to convert project to Development Component. So I did the same. Encountered with various build path errors. I was able to fix them for now and seems to be left with some dependency errors with the beans inside the main project.

I'm planning to import bean project as well separately into the workspace and try to fix the dependency. Will update if I can resolve all the errors.

Thanks,

Bhavya

former_member191044
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am glad i could help you. Please don't forget to mark answers as correct / helpful if it was useful for you. Good luck with your project.

BR,

Tobias

Answers (0)