Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STAWN (Commodity Code/Import Code Number) not determined in delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Requesting your help please.

I have an issue where "Commodity Code/Import Code Number" is not determined in the delivery's foreign trade data tab despite having it maintained in material master for that material and plant. Can anyone please let me know if there is anything else I need to check?

Thank you.

Kindest regards,

Lem

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Requesting help on my query, please. Thank you.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lee

Sorry for late response as I was away for some time. I am sorry to say that in SAP standard we can't pick commodity code until the countries are different. As per my testing and knowledge we must have different country keys if we want to get commodity code from material master.

What we did for similar requirement in our last project is that we maintained a Z table with commodity code and material number combination. Using userexit we fetched the commodity code from that Z table. You can also go for this kind of enhancement.

Thank$

0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

You have maintained the Commodity code in the Material master data. When Delivery document is

created, you have pick the Commodity code (by manually - F4) from the material master data.

Thanks

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to maintain the settings which Lakshmipathi has suggested. These are required to make a business transaction a foreign trade. Country keys should be different of shipping point and receiving point.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Moazzam.

Thank you for your reply.

However, the transaction is domestic, hence, country key would be the same. Is there any way to pick up the Commodity Code/Import Code Number from material master in my case?

Thanks,

Lem

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure whether you have maintained the required data in vi95.  Check and confirm.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello G. Lakshmipathi,

Thank you for your response.

There was no maintainance in VI95, however, since what I need is just the Commodity Code/Import Code Number, whici I think can be retrieved directly from material master, hence we have not maintained data iin VI95. Please let me know if my understanding is correct? Can't deliveries just pick it up directly in material master?

Thanks,

Lem