Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration flows question

former_member255627
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am new to Integration flows and I have a requirement to add another XML tag in the data type.The interface was created with NWDS and then upload to PI.

Could you please help me in providing information for below points?

1. If the Data Type is changed directly in PI and not in NWDS, can the updated version of the IF be download to NWDS for future changes?

2. In other words, will direct updates in PI prevent the interface from being changed with NWDS again in the future?

Thanks,

Pushpa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Both your PI Swing Components  ( Java Webstart Components ) and NWDS connect to the same PI Server. None of these Clients store the content locally and hence it is Ok to make the change in one and the same will be reflected in the other.

When in PI 7.3 NWDS was first developed infact there were many components that were not supported on NWDS and hence you had to use both these tools interchangeably.

So, yes feel free to change the objects in Java Swing Clients ( if thats what you are comfortable with ).

The only object that can cause a conflict is : If you have created an Integration Flow, and Deployed the same and you then go and make a manual change to the Integration Flow directly in the PI Integration Directory. In such cases your Integration Flow will not have this change and hence any new change / deployment of the Integration Flow will overwrite the changes in the Integrated Configuration.

Regards

Bhavesh

former_member255627
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh for your quick reply.

Its good, that I can change the datatype directly in PI and download the changed  version of this Integration flow  if required.

Thanks,

Pushpa

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just one more note : When you change the Datatype, make sure your message type has this updated field displayed. Also, if there is a mapping, then you might need to add the mapping for this field as well.

All in all, these changes are in the ESR and as the Integration Directory / Integration Flows only deals with the Service Interface / Operation Mapping from the ESR, there should be no change required to the Integration Flow!

Regards

Bhavesh

former_member255627
Participant
0 Kudos

ok, thanks Bhavesh.

Answers (0)