cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP 403 error for embedded transactions in NWBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to configure master data governance for Material. And I am using SAP NetWeaver Business Client to run MDG tasks. But currently for all menu items under "Process Material" e.g. "Search Material", "Create Material", "Display Material" etc, I am getting HTTP 403 Forbidden error as below. All the required services, business functions are already active but still facing the error. Any response will be really helpful

=====================================================================

Service cannot be reached

What has happened?

URL call was terminated because the corresponding service is not available.

Note

The termination occurred in system with error code 403 and for the reason Forbidden.

What can I do?

Please select a valid URL.

HTTP 403 - Forbidden

Your SAP Internet Communication Framework Team

======================================================================

Thanks,

Anita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_ostrop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Anita,

yes, it is a not activated web Service (SICF).

to find out, what URL or Service Name is missing, do use the Extended supportability of NWBC:

a) press CTRL (Keep CTRL pressed all through a-e) and klick on the Icon left-upper corner

b) help option

c) Extended supportablility
d) Special Switches

e) Show URL on Shell navigate in quick launch

HTH

Christoph

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thank you for all the helpful responses. I am able to activate the services which caused the error. Thanks much! Really appreciated everyone's response.

Regards,

Anita

diwheeler
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Yep as Colleen says, it might be that some services haven't been activated.

You can see what they might be by running SAP Business Client in a web browser and using the F12 developer tools to trace and see what the network traffic is doing - what service is being called to return you the 403 error.

If you're using Chrome, press f-12, go to the "network" section click on the little green arrow in the developer console to start recording then try the action.  Similar actions in IE.  Once you've got it on, replicate the failure and you'll see a list of all the HTML calls made to your event, and their return codes.  In the ones that are failing you'll see the service(s) that are being called, and their respective return codes.  200 is pass, 403 is a fail, 404 is a different kind of fail, you get the idea.

Best of luck,

Di

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I'm having a face palm moment to never have considered developer tools in browser to trace services. I've previously played a guessing game Amazing the simple (and obvious) tricks that make life easier!

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

have you checked if the ICF service (and any associated services) has been activated via transaction SICF?

You might want to check help.sap or install guide for the functionality as the list of related services to activate are provided.