cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage Your Solution App not appearing in Fiori Launchpad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are currently trying to set up SAP S/4 HANA and activate the Manage Your Solution App.

The launchpad is now configured and relevant OData and SICF services are already activated.  However, the Manage Your Solution Tile is is still not visible in the FLP.  Most of the other apps are already functioning.

The following OData services (connected to the Manage YOur Solution App) are already active:

ZE2EIE_CC_SOLBUILDER

ZE2EIE_IC_CHANGEPROJECT

ZE2EIE_IC_CONFIG

ZE2EIE_IC_MNGCLDSOL

ZE2EIE_IC_ORGSTRUCT

ZE2EIE_IC_PDF_SERVICE

ZE2EIE_IC_PDFSERVICE_SRV

ZE2EIE_IC_PROGRESS

ZE2EIE_IC_SCOPING

ZE2EIE_IC_STDPO

ZE2EIE_IC_SYS_STATE

ZE2EIE_IC_TC

ZE2EIE_IC_TL

As well as all SICF service under

• default host/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap
  • default host/sap/bc/bsp/sap
  • default host/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap

The following roles are also added to the user:

• SAP_BR_CONFIGURATION_EXPERT
  • SAP_BR_BPC_EXPERT

SAPUI5 is also upgraded to 1.36.6

I'd appreciate any help regarding this matter.

Thanks.

Raymond Mendoza

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Susanne_Kn
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

I assume you are running an on premise installation.

The main purpose of the manage your solution app is to support the implementation of a public cloud solution (SAP S/4HANA Enterprise Management Cloud, S/4HANA Marketing Cloud, S/4HANA Professional Service Cloud).

In on premise the tile is available, but currently rather to try it out than for real usage.  SAP recommends to do the implementation of SAP Best Practices via IMG / transaction SPRO. See also the official note: https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2234180/E.

Within this note there is also the admin guide linked that explains the usage of this app. You might want to check if you followed all the steps within this guide.

Nevertheless, please be aware that you don´t need this app for an on premise implementation of S/4HANA. If you want to use it anyway, read all the instructions and restrictions listed in the note and the admin guide carefully.

If you want to implement your S/4HANA solution in on premise based on Best Practices, please read these recommendations: https://support.sap.com/content/dam/SAAP/SAP_Activate/S4H_160.pdf

Best regards,

Susanne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susanne,

Thanks for your reply.

I have read the limitations of Manage Your Solution app within an on-premise setup. However, the note you mentioned states that an on-premise solution can still use the app but with listed common problems.

Thus, coming back to the problem, the Manage Your Solution app does not appear on the Launchpad even if all settings and config are set properly (Odata, SICF, roles are set).

Two other Fiori experienced developers have already taken a look and could not tell the source of the problem.

Now I'm thinking incomplete software packages.

Do you have any idea on any other needed software components that the app requires?

Thanks,

Regards,

Raymond Mendoza

Mikkelj
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey Raymond,

did you add the tile in the launchpad designer?

/Mikkel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mikkel,

Thanks for your reply.

I believe its already added in the Launchpad designer as well.

Mikkelj
Explorer
0 Kudos

Doesn't it appear when you click the + (add tile) under End to End Implementation Experience - Emplementation Cockpit in the launchpad?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mikkel,

Pressing the + button brings me to the tile catalog page but the Catalog "End to End Implementation Experience" is not found.

But looking at the launchpad designer, the said catalog is existing.