cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find the table names in PI ? Is it possible...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am using DB to (ECC) through PI ---- jdbc to soap interface 

My question is

It possible to know the table names in ecc through t-code se16n

But in pi we are not maintaining any table names in mapping level (or) in ESR for ECC

then how the data is know which table in ecc i have to go

how the data is going for a particular table only.................

how to find that table in only in pi

we can find in ecc while comparing the data which table it is ...

but in pi not mentioned ant table names how the data is reflecting on the perfect side of the table.......?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Are you meaning that ECC is a target with a SOAP message?  If so then you would need to look at the proxy method code directly in ECC to determine target tables.  PI facilitates the transfer of the message but doesn't know anything in regards to an actual proxy implementation.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ryan

The interface flow is proxy to jdbc and jdbc to soap

how the data know what is the table exactly while ecc is receiver

Former Member
0 Kudos

proxy to jdbc

the data flowing from ecc to DB

We have to maintain the table names in PI mapping that is ok

My ques is

the data coming from Db to ecc

jdbc to soap

how to know the table name in ecc or

how to set the table name for receiving the data

suppose

RSTO is happened that is comming from DB to ECC through jdbc to soap and

GRN is made that is comming from DB to ECC through jdbc to soap

How to know in which table the data is going...............?

Is it possible with out ecc help to identify..........how ?

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If i am not wrong you are trying to understand how the data sent from pI gets updated in particular table in ECC .

Well then this is something you can ask any of the ur ABAP colleague , when data sent by PI reaches ECC the ABAP'er writes a report in a way that the data is directed to a particular ECC table.

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I'm not sure how you would know what table is meant as the destination while doing some mapping in PI.  You would have to understand the structure of any/all possible targets in PI to be able to determine which table is the destination.  Otherwise the sender of the data would have to be able to instruct PI which table is the target.  I'm still fuzzy on the overall flow of your integration - now that you have responded further it seems like you are describing some type of bi-directional flow out of ECC and then back in... is that correct?

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok Manoj thanks for the needfull.............

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep , It will be a proxy connection to ECC only. They consume inbound PI Service interface in ECC to establish the connection . You can see that in the ecc SPROXY transaction and the code that is used for processing the proxy xml further in ECC will be also linked in SPROXY. When we ppost the message from PI to ECC we will not be updating any tables in ECC directly. The abap code developed by the ecc team will be extracting the information from the target xml and updating the table. If you can check the code linked to the interface in SPROXY , you can get the tables used for that interface.

Please check the page 31,32,33 in the doc http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0ac1a33-debf-2c10-45bf-fb19f6e15... for some more information. The below doc provides complete proxy creation;

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c00ca32e-f991-2b10-f5be-97114bd2b...

- Muru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rayan,

Manoj given clarity on this

In the proxy coding the abaper set the table name which has to be taken

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Yes, that is what I mentioned in my first reply

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear manoj,

I still not cleared

you are telling that the abaper will write a report for the receiving data which is coming into ecc through soap also

through that report if condition is matches then it will pass to that table or it will go for next report

but this may take time consuming i think how it will work can u explain.............?

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

My suggestion talk to the ABAP'er who is implementing this proxy he/she can provide you all the clarifications you required in detailed manner.

Because asking this questions in this forum doesn't make much sense.

Br,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correct me if I am wrong

The DB passing the data to PI through jdbc adapter

The PI passing the data to ECC through SOAP adapter

when the data reached to ECC the report will run in background and find which table need to update with that data

If this is the process it may take lot of time to identify the table or not....?