cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Intune integration with SAP BO Mobile SDK

Former Member
0 Kudos

In one of the more recent ASUG slidecks (by Reena Sethy) I find this comment:

What is coming beyond 6.4 ... - SDK Enhancements: – Certify Microsoft Intune MDM solution for Mobile SDK

Does anyone have additional information on what functionality this will bring and timelines? I would be very much interesting in learning more.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Bart,

Supporting Microsoft Intune would allow customers to use Microsoft MDM solution to also manage the SAP Mobile BI. Currently, the plan is more towards the end of 2017 or later (subject to change).

Regards

Reena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Reena,

Great that you are even replying yourself.

I sincerely hope you just made a typo and this should be  "towards the end of 2016"?

If you browse apple's app store, you will find some apps that are in there twice, example:

- Adobe Acrobat Reader, and Adobe Acrobat Reader for Intune.  So the app is published twice by the vendor.

Will that be similar for the SAP Business Objects Mobile application, or will we have to customize the app with the SDK and insert Intune code ourselves?

What kind of features would this bring to the app? I assume, security measures like passcode settings, wiping of app data etc. But my main interest: we are still looking for a good way to implement 2 factor authentication. So I am just wondering if the Intune integration would help us in that area of security and authentication.
Our company is currently starting to use Intune and I am looking for potential advantages of using SAP Mobile BO with MS intune.

.. that being said, if you really meant "end of 2017" then I can imagine it is far too early to answer my questions.

Thanks again,

Kind regards,

Bart

0 Kudos

Hello Bart,

Yes it would be too early to say. Once we do the planning for it we would see which features need to be part of the support for Intunes.

Regards

Vikas

0 Kudos

Hello Bart,

Please mark this as answered, if your query is resolved.

Regards

Vikas

Answers (0)