cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IBP vs Kinaxis RapidResponse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Next Gen Gurus!

Could you please share on what are the significant differences between SAP IBP and Kinaxis RapidResponse in terms of capability? Our research suggests that IBP and RapidResponse have the same features like control tower and scenario or what-if planning, among others.

We wonder if in general they provide the same capability or if one solution is better than the other in terms of specific areas. Appreciate your inputs. Thank you so much.

Petot

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Petot,

Hope you are doing well!

I did go through an exercise of comparing SAP IBP Supply & Response vs. Kinaxis RapidResponse in Dec 2015 and it all depends on customer scenarios, IT strategy on system landscape and pricing. Both tools are competing on functionality and getting closer to each other.

Regards,

Aditya G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Aditya!

Thank you for your reply. If I may ask, could you please expound on what you mean by "customer scenarios, IT strategy on system landscape and pricing". An illustration or two will definitely be helpful for us to understand your answer to the question posted. Thank you so much!

Best,

Petot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Petot,

Sure, below are few examples:

Customer scenario: How does bottom up forecast roll-up to consensus demand review process, understanding impact of demand spike on supply side, demand prioritization, scenario based planning for service levels and so on. Depending on such scenarios you can compare both the tools head to head for their available functionality.

IT Strategy: Customer's IT strategy that drive their investments. Strategy could be to implement best of breed products or only SAP products and so on.

Pricing: How does the vendor price the tool for that customer.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Aditya G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Aditya.

Thank you for the reply. Sorry for the confusion, my question meant -- what are the apparent differences between SAP IBP and Kinaxis RapidResponse in terms of the areas you identified. It would be best if you could illustrate with scenarios. This helps a lot. I hope to hear from you again. Thanks a million!

Regards,

Petot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Petot,

Not a problem Petot, it is tough to have such conversation over a SCN blog as you want to get into specifics but let me give it another shot.

We had conducted a head-on comparison in Dec 2015 when the focus was on supply and response. At that point we did not have enough on the response side, except screenshots, to do a tool demo. While we could demo some functionalities, IBP for supply optimizer algorithm proved to be an important functionality as Kinaxis Rapid Response has a rule based algorithm while on the other hand Rapid Response has some good analytics on response (ATP) side.

So it will depend on the scenarios on which you are trying to compare the tools. Both the tools are close and there is no apparent winner.

Regards,

Aditya G