GRC AC User Defaults not working with Lock User Request Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have set up the following configuration:

Custom Request Type called Leaver which contains two actions:

- Change User

- User Defaults

If I trigger an Access Request with the escenario mentioned above then the User Defaults BRF+ is activated and doing the different executions (assign especific user group, etc...)

Now, If I change the action Change User by Lock User then the User Defaults BRF+ is not activated. Is that a normal behaviour?

Regards,

Sara.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

You need to add the combined action "Change & Lock User" for your custom request type instead of adding these as separate actions "Change User" and "Lock User". Also associate the user defaults action for updating the user group in the backend.

Regards,

Manju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply and it worked with the action "Change&Lock User".

However I understand that if I leave the Request Type only with the Action = User Default then the BRF+ User Default is not triggered. Correct?

In my case I cannot use Change & Lock User because I don't want to do any action related with the Change but instead I need to use the User Detauks

So is there somehow to execute only the User Defaults?

Kind regards and thank you,

Sara.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

The BRF+ for user defaults should be triggered but the user default attributes will not be updated in SU01 back-end if you associate only "User Defaults" action to the custom request type.

For updating the attributes in back-end we need to assign action "Change & Lock User" to the request type for leaver process.

Regards,

Manju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manjunath,

Thanks for your reply.

In our case the User Defaults BRF+ has a Functon Module associated. That means:

IF the decisión table of the User Default is met (one main criteria Requesy Type = LEAVER)

THEN the Function Module is activated and inside this Function Module there are another actions to be done (basically ABAP code)

That's why I just need to execute the User Defaults but in this case if the Request Type only contains User Default or together with Lock Actions then the User Defaults are not activated at all.

Regards,

Sara.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member197694
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sara,

Please check Colleen Hebbert  comments in below thread,it should solve the issue

Hope it helps

Regards

Baithi