cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Management Dispatcher Cannot be Started

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Experts,

I have problem with start dispatcher of identity management. When i click Start button, the status of dispatcher was not changed. The status still stopped.

Content of log file MxDispatcherPrelog_Prelog.log:

[28.07.2016 14:04:34-137] - INFO - Prelog - First prelog line

[28.07.2016 14:04:34-845] - INFO - Prelog - Initialization done

[28.07.2016 14:04:34-847] - INFO - Prelog - Full dispatcher identifier:idm@[hostname]/[ip address]:1469689474847:147606

[28.07.2016 14:04:34-847] - INFO - Prelog - Dispatcher identifier prefix:idm@[hostname]/[ip address]

[28.07.2016 14:04:34-858] - TRACE - Prelog - Executing: GET_DISPATCHER #FieldsToReturn:null #Params:[idm] #InClause:[idm] #OrderBy:null

[28.07.2016 14:04:34-860] - DEBUG - Prelog - STATEMENT PREPARED: SELECT * FROM MC_DISPATCHER  WHERE MACHINE=?  PARAMETERS: idm

[28.07.2016 14:04:34-870] - TRACE - Prelog - Succesfull execution: GET_DISPATCHER

[28.07.2016 14:04:34-870] - INFO - Prelog - No dispatchers with this name (idm) appear to be running! Cleaning all existing semaphores (starting with null)

[28.07.2016 14:04:34-874] - TRACE - Prelog - Calling   SP: MC_CLRX_OWN_SEMA #InputParams:[441, ]

[28.07.2016 14:04:34-874] - TRACE - Prelog - Preparing SP: MC_CLRX_OWN_SEMA

[28.07.2016 14:04:34-897] - TRACE - Prelog - Executing SP: MC_CLRX_OWN_SEMA

[28.07.2016 14:04:35-377] - ERROR - Prelog - Key:MC_CLRX_OWN_SEMA - SQL Exception: No authorized routine named "MC_CLRX_OWN_SEMA" of type "PROCEDURE" having compatible arguments was found.. SQLCODE=-440, SQLSTATE=42884, DRIVER=4.19.49

[28.07.2016 14:04:35-379] - FATAL - Prelog - Preparing dispatcher failed: No authorized routine named "MC_CLRX_OWN_SEMA" of type "PROCEDURE" having compatible arguments was found.. SQLCODE=-440, SQLSTATE=42884, DRIVER=4.19.49

The configuration IC Admin configuration

The connection string for <prefix>_admin: jdbc:db2://[hostname]:52222/ic_db!!!user=ic_admin;password=********;currentSchema=IC_OPER;currentFunctionPath=ic;maxStatements=100;retrieveMessagesFromServerOnGetMessage=true;

I still not sure for currentFunctionPatch value is correct or not. I put 'ic' for that value.

Please help to give me suggestion how to solve this error.

Thanks & best regards,

Husin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

makino_admin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Matt,

We raised a concern with SAP and they came up to check the below note for DB2:

2353338 - Dispatcher can not start due to error: No authorized routine named "MC_CLRX_OWN_SEMA" of type "PROCEDURE" having compatible arguments was found

As per this note, the Current function path should be <PREFIX>_OPER for dispacher and run time.

I have tried this and my dispatcher can be tested and installed successfully

Regards,

Makino

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's great! Please mark this as closed and award points for helpful answers, if you have not done so already!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Makino,

I have raised this to SAP too. The solution is same with fill the current function path with <<prefix>>_oper. My dispatcher is running now.

Thanks & best regards,

Husin

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have an environment that works on SQL. Part of the issue that i have seen when setting up the Dispatcher was the SQLJDBC driver should be compatible. Check if you had to specify any JDBC drivers when you configure the dispatcher and make sure the the JDBC driver is compatible.

Here are the steps i will follow to troubleshoot the issue.

1. go to dispatcherutil.bat and delete the existing dispatcher

2. create a new dispatcher

3. Check the appropriate JDBC driver and the location and map this in your configuration

4. Check JVMDLL and DSE Home Location

5. Connection String.. Database should be mxmc_db and user should be mxmc_admin and if there is a instance number for the server, do not specify the instance number

6.Update the dispatcher script with appropriate class path(In Service Scripts)

7.Restart the dispatcher.

Regards,

Harish

makino_admin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Harish,

Thanks. It is not the JDBC Driver that caused the issue. It was Current Function path in connection string that was the issue.

makino_admin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Husin,

I am having the same issue. I have maintained the versions and other thing sthe same across all components and I am using sapjvm 6

Did you manage to resolve the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Makino,

The issue still not resolved yet. I'm still working to solve this issue.

Thanks & best regards,

Husin

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Husin,

Just for grins, can you install the IDM Runtime on a Windows Server / Workstation and try to generate a dispatcher?

Thanks,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your suggestion, i have a question. Should i install the db2 and the database in this Windows Server? I have installed IDM runtime in my PC (win7) but i have no idea path for JDBC driver in my PC for "dispatcher.bat gui" configuration.

Thanks & best regards,

Husin

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Husin,

You can just install the run time on a windows box and then use the IP of the DB server with your identity store and try the connection from there.

You might also want to consult with your Linux SA and DB2 DBA for some support with the original server once you have things validated.

Matt

makino_admin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Husin/Matt,

I am sorry I forgot to mention that my environment is Windows DB2. So I believe it is not an OS related issue.

Regards,

Makino

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Husin,

It also helps to let us know some other information, like what version of IDM? What database? I'm assuming based on your screenshots that we are dealing with IDM 8 and DB2, can you confirm? Also, please post your JAVA options. (location of Java, JDBC driver settings, etc.)

This helps the community solve the problem as quickly as possible.

Please also review the relevant documentation as the configuration of the dispatcher does require the use of the [database]_rt account to function correctly as noted by Norman.

Thanks,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your help. Yes, i am using IDM 8 and DB2 for this system.

Java location:

I just realize my screenshot of jdbc setting is not appeared in my first post.

I have followed SAP documentation for connection configuration, but some parameter value like Current Function Path, i didn't find what kind value should i fill in that field.

Thanks & best regards,

Husin

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Husin,

as far as I can see you try to start dispatcher using user ic_admin. The user for that connection should be the runtime user (ic_rt).

Regards

Norman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Norman,

Thanks for your help, i log in to dispatcherutil gui using ic_admin id.I have checked in SAP documentation, ic_admin is used for login to dispatcherutil gui.

FYI, below is my connection string for <prefix>_rt:

jdbc:db2://[hostname]:52222/ic_db!!!user=ic_rt;password=********;currentSchema=IC_OPER;currentFunctionPath=ic;maxStatements=100;retrieveMessagesFromServerOnGetMessage=true;

Is there anything wrong with this connection string? same with connection string for <prefix>_admin, i'm not sure with currentFunctionPath value.

Could you share to me how to start the dispatcher using ic_rt id. I can't login to dispatcher using ic_rt because there is a fixed username (ic_admin) for login to dispatcherutil.

Thanks & best regards,

Husin

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Husin,

if you have rt user in the rt connection string then this is the right user. The Dispatcherutil you can only start using the admin user, that is right.

Can you check whether you can find the stored procedure MC_CLRX_OWN_SEMA of user ic_oper in your DB?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Norman,

Thanks for the response. I have checked in DB, there is stored procedure for schema IC_OPER. but i'm not user it is stored procedure of user ic_oper.

Could you share to me how to check whether the stored procedure is assigned to ic_oper or not?

Thanks & best regards,

Husin

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Husin,

I'm not DB2 expert but I think you can see it in row schema I guess.

Next check you could perform is executing that procedure with user ic_rt.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Norman,

I found the same error when i tried to call the SP using ic_admin.

Run: IC_OPER.MC_CLRX_OWN_SEMA(DECFLOAT(16), VARCHAR(4096), DECFLOAT(16), VARCHAR(4096))

{call IC_OPER.MC_CLRX_OWN_SEMA(?,?,?,?)}

The statement failed because the authorization ID does not have the required authorization or privilege to perform the operation.  Authorization ID: "IC_ADMIN".  Operation: "EXECUTE". Object: "IC_OPER.MC_CLRX_OWN_SEMA".. SQLCODE=-551, SQLSTATE=42501, DRIVER=4.18.60

Run of routine failed.

- Roll back completed successfully.

But when i tried to run stored procedure using ic_rt the stored procedure run successfully. I think there is wrong configuration in connection string or something. I will check it.

Thanks & best regards,

Husin