Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM: Class to determine the Approver refresh

dhinesh_thirugnanam
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to do a refresh of the Approver list.Such that whenever there is a change in the approver list hierarchy.

I am checking on this class it has got Restart,Cancel etc...but nothing about Approver refresh method.

Any idea where can I find suitable class for it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dhinesh

What does it mean by Approver refresh ? You may want to restart the approval process right to determine approvers from beginning  ?

You can check BADI  /SAPSRM/BD_WF_PROCESS_RESTART for that and put a condition which will trigger the restart .

Regards

VInita

dhinesh_thirugnanam
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vinita,

No I dont want it to be restart from the beginning.

If I do any changes at attribute(ppoma_bbp) when the Shopping cart is half way through the approval process it should refresh at that point.

For Example:.If a shopping cart has 4 approvers.1st and 2nd Approver has approved,now I have changed the Org.structure such that 4th Approver is removed.Now the shopping cart should get refreshed and show only 3 Approvers.

From this BADI-/SAPSRM/BD_WF_PROCESS_RESTART...we can restart.But I want something that refreshes the shopping cart at middle of the process.

Thanks.

Dhinesh

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Dhinesh

This is anyway incorporated in a general workflow setup?  So when your user changes Price , currency or account assignment details it will re-determine the new approver based on that isnt it ?

You can put the condition on restart badi to not restart so it will continue to find the new approvers and hence process the workflow logic accordingly.

I am not sure if I understand your issue correctly .

regards

Vinita

dhinesh_thirugnanam
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinita,

"This is anyway incorporated in a general workflow setup?  So when your user changes Price , currency or account assignment details it will re-determine the new approver based on that isnt it ?"

So are you saying the Workflow setup in SPRO will take care of the new approvers?

Well actually for me the user will change values(Price,Account assignment,Currency) at attribute level.So once any change at attribute level the Approver list should refresh.For example if they change the Approval limit the Approver's should auto determine for an Awaiting approval shopping cart.

Note:There will be no action by user  at portal side.All changes are done at attribute only.

So can this be done through config whenever a change at attribute level?

Is it feasible to do it in SRM7 for a Process controlled workflow?

Does SRM5 have got this standard Auto refresh functionality?

Attribute:

Here Approval Limit in Attribute is connected to a ZTable where the Approval values are maintained based on the code.

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dhinesh

Yes I think it will be picked automatically . Can you please try to debug it once put your debug point at the place where this table is getting called .

Create the SC and change the value you want in the table at run time and see if the new value gets picked or not .

Ideally it fetches the approver at run time so it should look for the new code but I am still not clear why every-time after creating a cart would there be a need to change the attribute and update table ?

I am not sure on SRM 5 but it should work for SRM 7 PCW.

Regards

Vinita