cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a variable parameter that can be used as a filter in Lumira?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to create a variable parameter in Lumira, specify the default value and allowable range or list of values? I'd like to be able to use this variable in calculated dimensions as well as I'd display this parameter as a legend that the report consumers can vary like a filter.

An example of this would be if I want to filter the data in the report based on a work week number, say if I want the report to display support tickets that were open in work week 35 or any other week I choose on the fly. So I want to create this work week variable to use in my calculated dimensions. As well as I'd like to display this variable as legend where report consumers can change the value from 35 to something else if they want to see support tickets opened during some other work week. So it's a variable that's used in calculated dimensions and report consumers have control over.

I'm working with Lumira 1.29. My data source is SQL server db.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use dimensions as filters and you can use measures in dynamic text.  But as far as I know you can't do what you are talking about in your question in Lumira.  There is no way to adjust a legend dynamically (and to be fair, I don't know of other tools that let you do this either).  I believe what you are looking for are input controls, of which Lumira has very few (outside of filters).

Answers (0)