cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal TO does not comply w Storage type search sequence

Former Member
0 Kudos

When the TO is created it does not remove material from the first storage type in the sequnce

example

three storage types

storage type search sequence

002 001 003

if there is sufficient stock in all storage types the TO should select from 002 before selecting stock from 001 and lastly storage type 003

in practice it is removing from 001, then 002 , and lastly 003

I have confirmed that when creating the TO in the foreground the stock figures screen presents the available quants based on an alpha sort of the storage types and not based on the sort sequence from Storage type search sequence.

Has anyone else identified this?

is there a fix available?

thx

t

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have never seen an instance of SAP simply ignoring the sort sequence defined in the storage type search sequence for movement type, in every instance of unexpected storage type selection there has been a definitive reason for it. Whether it was related to the stock removal strategy maintained in for the storage type or some details of the inventory itself there has been some other underlying cause that influenced the systems behavior.

Perhaps you could post images of your relevant configuration, then perhaps we could point out the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Below is my config and the results of my testing

As you can see the list of stock figures does not comply with the ST seq

the resulting TO is created from this list in the order of the list and not the order of the ST seq

Any further help would be much appreciated

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are creating the TO in the foreground by going to the stock list and entering quantities in the stock list which is sorted numerically?

Personally I would not expect the system to consider the storage type search sequence while manually assigning pick quantities from the stock list...

Based on the screen shot of the storage type search the system will consider your search sequence during background processing.

Have you analyzed the search log or clicked foreground processing to confirm the system will follow the sequence you have maintained?

It seems you are expecting the search sequence entries to apply to the stock list but I do not believe that is the case by design. stock list is a different thing entirely

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The "stock that can be removed ..." tab shows only storage types that are included in your storage type search.

The storage types are listed in ascending order here.

Whats missing for a full analysis is the stock situation.

Is there any stock in ATB storage type?

Is there any stock left in 111 after the proposed quantity of 200 is picked?

is there any stock left in 101 M99E if all 132 are picked?

is there any stock left in 101 M106E if all 132 are picked?

is there any other bin in 101 with stock of this material (which bin number?)

What is listed on the tab "Stock that cannot be picked"?

if the answer is "no" to the first 3 questions then I would say everything is in order.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

About which business case are you talking when saying "stock removal" , picking for deliveries, goods issue for production orders, staging for production?

are your materials batch managed? if yes, is batch determination carried out in the referenced documents already?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juergen

the business process specifically is fixed bin replenishment ... although I have confirmed this is the case for other BP's as well.

No batch management.

No BDS

from your questions I assume that you have not identified this before.

t

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lets say it this way, I have not identified it as issue, just as an attribute of a removal strategy.

Check yours, I think you have customized the Stringent FIFO, which picks the oldes quant  across all storage types.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it is an attribute it is an unpleasant one.

As to your suggestion of this being due to stringent FIFO I say nay.

the quants all have the same GR dtae and the quant numbers as displayed in the stock figures display ( which complies with the alpha sort sequence I alluded to earlier ) does not indicate that the first quant having been the first created.

therefore I again state that this seems to be a violation of the ST Sort sequence ...

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no this is not a violation of the sort sequence, it is nothing else than the docu explains: Strategy: Stringent FIFO Across All Storage Types - Warehouse Management System (WMS) - SAP Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will not engage in a further discussion of whether it is due to FIFO.

As I stated earlier

1. Stringent FIFO is not activated.

2  The sequence of removal is not FIFO either based on GR date nor Quant number.

Thank you for your input but perhaps someone has better insight into this functionality.

t

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, you say the process is for fixed bin replen (might of helped if you'd mentioned that in your original question).

1. What movement type are you using to replenish ?
  2. Is there a ref stor type search maintained within the mvt ?
  3. If so, what is the search sequence for the search ref in the mvt ?

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Custom Mvt 921 ... a clone of Std replen

Yes Ref = 921

in this case the removal strategy is as stated above 002 001 003

based on my observations I think that the eligible(based on all Storage types listed in the removal strategy) available stock quants are selected and then an alpha sort based on Storage type and storage bin is done in the program.

then the TOs are created from this sorted list.

thus violating the storage type search sequence

The list should be prepared one storage type at a time and the next eligible storage type quants appended to the bottom of the resulting list

thus preserving the integrity of the storage type search sequence

your thoughts?

t

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I disagree. The list is nothing more than a list of the replenishment requirements generated off the back of RLLNACH1. The assigned strategy will only be applied when you convert the requirement list into actual TO's.

Have you tried this in you test client ??

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I have and therein verified that the creation of the TO complies to the sequence listed in the stock figures display.

Not the sequence of the Storage type search.

Further thoughts?

t

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only that there is something wrong somewhere in your configuration, as I have used this many times and not experienced the results you are getting.

Unfortunately, my current client doesn't use this process so cannot even look at the set up.

The only other explanation is, as Juergen stated, something in your settings is driving stringent FIFO.

When you say that you use "Mvt 921 ..... a clone of Std replen" do you mean standard mvt 319 ?

If so, have you tried changing the requirement type from P-Production Supply to N-Replenishment for Fixed Bins ??

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

In fact I am using N Replen for Fixed Bin

This is new to me as well

I have just begun this assignment and was hoping someone had seen it before.

But stringent FIFO would not drive it to an alpha sort.

etill confused

but thanks for the thoughts

t

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, do you have storage section search activated for specified storage types?

BR

kamlakar