cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Activity resource - Number of Individual Capacities- CTM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are using certain work centers with No. of Individual capacity > 1 and these work centers are mapped in APO as Multi Activity. We are using CTM - Continuous planning, with source of supply as PP/DS.

In the Resource master in APO, the start and end times are maintained with no breaks and 100% utilization. Productive time and number of capacity is mapped from ECC.

Example

In PDS , the Operation 01 - Resource consumption (V) - 10 hours (converted from seconds)

Demand - 50

Productive time - 24 hours

Number of Capacities - 6

Order scheduled with CTM - 50*10/24 ~ 21 days ( assuming 7 days calendar). << Duration between start and end of the CTM order is 21 days>>

Expectation is Order should be scheduled - 50*10/(24*6) ~ 3.5 days . This is considering the Number of Capacities and Total capacity - 24*6

Question: Is the Number of Ind. Capacity considered in CTM when using Multi Activity resource or just the Productive time is considered?

Thanks,

Tejinder Gupta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tejinder,

What are the scheduling formulae used in your Work Center in ECC?

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello DB49,

Thanks for your reply!

I went to the Work Center in the Scheduling tab and below are the formulas

Setup formula - Setup

Processing formula - Labor * Operation Quantity / Base Quantity/ Operation splits (selected flags Generate, Costing allowed, Allowed scheduling)

Other formula - other formula

Let me know if you need more information to help with the question.

Thanks,

Tejinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tejinder,

What are the 'Splitting' settings in the detail of the operation of your ECC routing?

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello DB49,

Below are the "Splitting Settings" from the Routing. Also I have provided a screenshot from the work center which shows  - the number of ind. capacities as 6, and Capacity is Operating time * Number of ind. capacities

Screenshot from Workcenter

Screen shot from Routing operation

please share your thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Tejinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tejinder,

Your scheduling formula implies splits, (this is how you typically get the shortened scheduling time) but your routing does not allow splitting.

Normally if you want to ensure that all of the individual capacities within the workcenter/resource are used, you must have some settings in this block.  Easiest is to select 'Required Splitting'.

You may have to 'fuss' with the PDS IMs to get this change to actually move from ECC to APO.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello DB49,

Appreciate your prompt replies...

I will ask the user to maintain the "Required splitting". Do we have to maintain No of Splits = No. of Ind. capacities? in this case 6 ?

Also I did not get your last point on "fuss" with the PDS IM? Do you mean we delete the PDS in APO and CURTO_CREATE or regenerate new IM?

Thanks,

Tejinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tejinder,

User?  Surely you are not talking about making this change in a productive system without first trying it in Dev or qual or sandbox?

In general, if you only select Required Splitting, it will evenly divide the order splits amongst the number of capacities found in the work center.  This means you don't have some new master data you have to keep in synch.

You should at least unit test this in Dev or Qual or Sandbox first.

I can never remember which routing changes go across transparently and which require additional work.  You will discover this during your unit testing.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will try this today and share my feedback

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

The splitting settings worked, I had to maintain the number of splits to make it work (6) along with the "Required Splitting". This reduces the Resource consumption(V) in APO by dividing it by number of splits thereby reducing the scheduling time of the operation. This should solve the issue in APO side. I am not sure how this will impact the planning on the ECC side though.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Tejinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Optimus,

Nothwithstanding the usual difficulties with getting 100% replication between APO and ECC, setting splits in the routings works pretty much the same in ECC as it does in APO.

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lets see if I understand. 

I bet if you switch to SNP oreders (non-continuous) you will get the results you want.

Since it is PPDS continusous I do not think CTM will split the planned order to allow mutliple planned orders to be built at same time.  CTM creating PPDS orders will probably allow (6) different products to be built at same time, but I don't think it will allow 6 of same product.   Again with CTM time continuous. 

Most clients are not using time continuous.   The only reason I know is to allow large fixed orders.