cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing value for a Short-term Char. in result recording

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there any way to change the result recording value of a Short-Term MIC after it has been closed (Status-5 Processing Completed).

Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a case where user has done the UD and after few days they realize that one of the char value entered was wrong and has to be changed.

I know that if the MIC was defined for long-term inspection the change would be possible. But in this case the mic is set as short-term. Is there any way can we make this change?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I advise my clients to never go back and undo a UD and change resuts.  Maybe change a UD code under certain circumstances, but to never roll one back.

I advise them to create a manual inspection lot of the same type and record only the incorrect inspection result in it,

Then document in the UD long text that they are force closing the other characteristics and why they are recording only the one test characteristic.  The original lot should also have the long text updated that references the new lot and indicatest the result was incorrect.

If you work in a validated environment or other regulated industry, you wouldn't erase results enterred in a notebook.  You cross it out, intiial, date an explain why you did what you did.

This is no different.  It's not that hard to do and pretty straight forward and leaves a full documentation trail.

There is an OSS note to reverese UD's but it is not SAP supported and it doesn't work for all proccesses.  I don't encourage the use of that as it makes people lazy when they know they can easily undo a mistake and reenter it.  If they do get lazy, how do you know errors actually get caught later on?  You could have an employee constantly enterring incorrect data that as long as no one notices and its easy to fix, there is no need to get better or pay attention.

Just my opinion.  I know that in many businesses its not an issue to do the UD reverasl. I am also very much against the use of long-term characteristics when ever possible.  Many places make their MIC's long-term characteristics just for the sole purpose of making corrections in the event of an incorrect result.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou Craig.. That was a helpful

former_member198406
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

I am in 100% agreement with you, that UD cancellation/roll back is not the correct at all, as the system provides 2 stages for inspection lot processing. First is Result recording and the second Usage Decision, the mistakes in the first step must be verified while second step and if someone is not doing so, it is the serious discipline issue. A proper training and regular vigilance of the system can avoid future instances.

Yes, there is a way to roll back UD and correct the MIC results. But, it is not recommended.

This is my personal view.

Regards,

Dipeshkumar Bhavsar

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As long as the UD has not happened, select the characteristic and click on the button that looks like a unlocked padlock.

You should be able to change it.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

The UD is completed. Inspection has status UD ICCO.

So in this case what can be done? My requirement is now to change the result of the char which was earlier recorded wrongly.

former_member198406
Contributor
0 Kudos

As the UD is made, there is no way you can change the results for a short term characteristic.

Regards,

Dipeshkumar Bhavsar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mean to say if we reverse the UD we can do this?