cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all ,

can anyone give me clear picture about Inbound Delivery and Outbound delivery?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nagesh:

<b>Inbound Delivery</b>

Material or materials to be delivered to a goods receiving point.

An inbound delivery consists of:

• the material(s) and

• the accompanying documents (or internal system documents)

from the vendor, production, or other sources.

The term inbound delivery is often used for the delivery documents as well as for the actual materials. Process of receiving an inbound delivery of goods at a receiving area. This process also includes the subsequent putaway and the actual increase in stock quantity. The inbound delivery process begins with staging the goods at the vendor's shipping point and ends when the goods receipt posting is made by the goods recipient (ship-to party).

In the SAP System, this operation is represented by the inbound delivery document, which is generated with reference to a:

• Purchase order

• Shipping notification

• Customer return

<b>Outbound delivery</b>

Process of picking goods, reducing the storage quantity and shipping the goods. The outbound delivery process begins with goods picking and ends when the goods are delivered to the recipient.

In the SAP System, this operation is represented by the outbound delivery document, which is generated during the following activites:

• Goods shipment based on a sales order

• Stock transfer order

• Goods return (to the vendor)

<b>***Please do reward points if this helps***</b>

Feel free to ask any queries..

Regards

AK

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

just to add..

outbound deliveries take place when the goods are issue out of a plant and an inbound delivery would take place for example : delivery returns.

Thanks,

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagesh,

The delivery which u create with reference to a sales order is out bound delivery and the delivery which u crate with reference to purchase order is in bound delivery.

I hope u understand if u have any queries plz get back to me.

Mastan