Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipment Cost Estimate copy to Shipment Cost doc

hassett_lee
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI

I am confused about how a "spot price" for a Shipment can be passed to a shipment cost document.

1. e.g. We decide to use a certain transport company because they have quoted 500Euros for the trip and we are happy with this quote. Can we enter that price in the shipment and it get automatically copied to the Shipment Cost document? Or is the only option to:-

1. maintain a separate condition record valid for a short period of time so this is picked up in Shipment Costing

2. enter the price manually in shipment cost document .. (but this is generally created some days later after Shipment Completion stage)

We would really like to enter the price in the shipment as this is some days before the Shipment Cost doc is being created? .. or similar solution?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have already indicated the available options.  Either you maintain condition record with short validity period or have the option to enter manually in shipment cost document.

G. Lakshmipathi

hassett_lee
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI

It's good to know I am not missing a trick at least! It just seems strange because I would expect somewhere to put that price at the tender/agreement stage which is generally always quite some time before the shipment costs are being created I think.

Thanks for input.

Lee