Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to derive BOM from ECTR for top level assembly in one go

arun_prasads
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently the ECTR supports deriving BOM for all the sub level assembly at first and then allows us to derive the BOM for top level assembly finally.

Is there any settings that I missed here in ECTR Interface to SOLIDWORKS that would help me to generate the BOM in one go selecting the top level assembly only....

The procedure that I followed is as follows,

• Imported the SLW assembly file with all its sub-assemblies and parts.
  • Created material masters for all these imported documents.
  • Derived BOM for all the subassemblies individually first, else the BOM becomes incomplete for the final assembly.
  • After deriving BOM for all the subassemblies, then derived BOM for the topmost assembly file.
  • BOM gets generated

Is there an option to derive BOM selecting just the top level assembly in one go (which includes all the subassemblies)..

Thanks & Regards,

S. Arun Prasad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

arun_prasads
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can you help me out on this issue....

Thanks

Arun Prasad

GerhardHimmelsb
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

the question is: is this really a real-life use case or just for test purposes?

Deriving a Material BOM is usually a meaningful step in creating master data and needs to be done consciously.

You can derive multiple BOMs, if you select the corresponding BOD.

You can also configure ECTR in such a way, that during the checkin of CAD documents the Material BOM is created/updated automatically.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Gerhard

arun_prasads
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gerhard,

Thank you for your reply..

This question raised by me is of a real life use case for one of the customer here in India for whom we are currently implementing SAP PLM - ECTR To SOLIDWORKS...

Currently we are able to generate material masters for all DIR's with just basic data1 & 2 views and extending the other views through our custom developed BAPI program...

Post this when we derive the BOM at a top level SLW assembly, the BOM gets derived only for the first level and if we have to have the complete BOM, we need to derive for individual subassemblies  which is time consuming and customer is not happy with it...

Appreciate if there's any settings that needs to be enabled to generate Material masters with all views created and BOM generated finally in one go...

Thanks

Arun Prasad

GerhardHimmelsb
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

maybe this FAQ helps you:

https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=448469035

Regards,

Gerhard

arun_prasads