Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing Lumira Data Access Extension

former_member197386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have several questions about developping data access extensions for Lumira:

1) how to debug the UI part? (I can't see any ways to access devtools)

2) after performing some modification on Java code, I have to repackage, remove previous extension version from Lumira, install the new version, restart Lumira, and check... The round trip is huge... there is probably a faster way to test da extension modifications, isn't it?

Regards,

Anthony

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

There is a way to address point 2, but it doesn't work always. I'm assuming you have set up the java debug environment set up and the "Build Automatically" option checked under the "Project" tab.

If you edit the code when you have the debugging enabled in eclipse, you will be able to see the changes reflect in real time. Some pointers:

1. Sometimes, it doesn't work if you make really huge changes in your files.
  2. A good way to verify if it has worked is to see that when you put a breakpoint to the edited code in Eclipse, it gets a small tick mark which means the code is in sync.

I had faced similar issues and these were the things I used to do. Also, I don't think this is a problem related to just to DA extension development, but any OSGI plugin development which involves remote debugging.

Another point for the UI debugging is that you can add this line too to your .ini file

-Dhilo.cef.cache.enabled=false

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Maaz

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For debug UI part, make sure you have enabled the dubug mode for lumira.

else add this line

-Dhilo.cef.frame.debug=true in "SAPLumira.ini" file.

At present you need to fallow entire step, since DA requires packed version which came from java and you need to install that. Not only for DA extension, for any kind of extension ( it may be javascript) we need to restart the Lumira

Thanks,

Pradeep