cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration of complete Landscape to HANA and S4 HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear HANA Guru's

We have the following solutions in the landscape with Oracle DB as backed. All of them have 3 systems (DEV, QA, PRD). total around 40 Oracle databases

1. ECC EHP6

2. NW BW 731

3. Solman 71 SP11

4. NW Portal 731

5. NW PI 731

6. Business Objects 4.1SP6

7. NW Gateway 740

8. Ancile uPerform

9. Mobile platform --> SMP 3, Afaria 7, Mocana,

Now if we want to migrate all the above to HANA. My recommendation is below.

1. ECC EHP6 and BW can be migrated to S4 HANA as single solution. I belive S4 is now the integration of Both ECC and BW togeather

2. Solman can be migrated to HANA, Possible?

3. Portal can it be migrated to HANA? or is part of S4 suite?. or is it wise to keep in Oracle DB for cheaper cost?

4. PI can it be migrated to HANA? or is part of S4 suite?. or is it wise to keep in Oracle DB for cheaper cost?

5. How about Business Objects?. Possible to HANA? .or is it wise to keep in Oracle DB for cheaper cost?

6. How NW Gateway?. Possible to HANA?. or is it wise to keep in Oracle DB for cheaper cost?

7. How about Mobile platform --> SMP 3, Afaria 7, Mocana,?.or is it wise to keep in Oracle DB for cheaper cost?

I also came to know that HANA hardware is very expensive. Since we have around 40 oracle Databases in total, I think it is wise to migrate only the critical solutions to HANA DB.

Please advise.

Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

michael_eaton3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Wow, plenty of questions here.  The answers will depend on who you ask.  Ask an SAP salesperson, and they will tell you to move everything to HANA and S/4.  Ask an experienced SAP architect, and they'll probably say move some, but not all.

If you're sticking with SAP, then considering moving to S/4 is a good idea, it will have to happen at some point in the future.

Regarding the cost of HANA and the hardware, there are options here to reduce the cost - HANA TDI, HCP, HEC.  Although one important point regarding licensing of HANA is how you use it - as it is offered as a runtime or enterprise license, and the cost can differ greatly.  Runtime licenses only allow you to use HANA as part of an SAP solution (S/4 for example), but if you used it for a custom analytic application you would require an enterprise license.

My advice would be to engage with SAP or a partner and get some detailed advice.

Michael