SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Serial No Correction for ISU Equipment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any way to correct serial number of an ISU equipment ? In IQ02 transaction, there is an option for change serial no. but same is not allowed for ISU equipment. How to then handle the cases where during migration the serial number is incorrect and billing has already been done.

3 REPLIES 3

monis_shakeel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

There is no option to correct the serial numbers for ISU equipment.

You could create new meters with the correct serial number and perform a device replacement. That is what we did for a client.

Regards,

Monis Shakeel

0 Kudos

Hi Monis,

Thanks for the reply. I have following queries regarding this.

If we go for device replacement after creating correct serial number, it can only be done after last invoice date in system. In our case it has happened that the serial no was incorrect from start and after that readings, billing and also payment is updated in the system. We cannot reverse everything and perform meter replacement form back date. Any solution for this ? If we perform replacement on current date, what is the impact ?

Also, any idea why SAP has not provided option to change serial no of ISU equipment, although its available for no ISU equipment.

0 Kudos

Hello Vishal,

Yes, you are right. This can only be done after the latest invoicing has been performed.

The impact that I see is that there will be a new time slice for the meters which might skew reports which take into account this parameter. The bill will also show change in meters.

I had the same question as you have as to why SAP does not give the option to change serial number.
Although, I cannot answer definitely but serial number is a part of master data which once created should not be changed.

I hope this is of some help.

Regards,

Monis Shakeel