cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to take printout or preview of PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 2 PO's with 60 line items each. For some reason, I'm unable to take printout / see the print preview of both the PO's. To replicate this issue, I created a similar PO with initially 5 line items, released it and then took a print out. Worked perfectly. Then I added the remaining line items, released and tried to take print out. Failed!

I'm able to reach till:

After this, it neither prints nor shows the preview.

On Checking the SP01, the number of pages shows as 0

Can somebody help debug this issue? PO outputs was working fine. This issue has cropped up recently that too for this particular PO. No changes were made to the smartforms.

Best Regards..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue resolved. User had maintained more than 400 lines of text in the 'Material PO Text' area. Hence the issue.

alexander_bolloni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the fact that SP01 shows a "+" in the "Status" column of the spool requests indicates that either the application that is writing the spoolreq is still running (still writing data) or it aborted (eg. with a dump) and left the spool request unclosed,.

Can you check ST22 if you find any dumps from your user when the preview fails?

Regards,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Yes SP01 shows a '+' in the status which later changes to 'COMPL'.

There is no dump in ST22.

alexander_bolloni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

ok, so the spool gets closed but SAPscript (or SF?) writes zero pages. Can you check if the SCR or SF function modules throw any exceptions?

Regards,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check whats the output type for only 5 line items PO which successfully printed. Is it 'Frontend' or some other.

And same type check the Spool type change in your attached screenshots. For spools 11175 and 11178 spool type changed from other. Check on these. As a Frontend the PO is destined to store and show somewhere other place.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

Output type for the 5 line items was FRONTEND itself.

On clicking the output type:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, The system storing the output in OTF (Output Text Format) later to convert it into Smartform PDF or any other format to print.

The SmartForm takes the data you have passed to it, formats it according to the output settings, layout, page size, styles etc. and then forwards it to it's intended destination which is normally a print device.

Goto SP01 and check the request or contact development team with a query.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes.. I've noticed this. The status changes to completed, but there is no output.

I'm able to take outputs for the same smart form and output type.

This is a one-off case and I need to do a root cause analysis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just throw an opinion, May be conversion of multiple pages (since doc have 60 line items) stopping or obstructing the conversion. Please check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've taken printout for more than 100 line items earlier .

How to check conversion obstruction?