cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scripting issue in SP3 (Populating values in field of a hided tab)

pakula123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts  , I have a issue while scripting when we hide a tab and we would like to populate a  value to the field in hided tab , how do we do it? Basically my issue is to populate a value in to one field in hided tab when we are in other tabs . How do we script it. Example :  On main screen i have custom field which has a date value and i would like to populate this date field in Basic start date of work order/notification where the tab for this Basic start date is hided . My issue is that i am getting an error saying that screen element could not be found and its understandable that it was hided and we can not see the screen field hence this issue . But how can we achieve this ? Please comment . Best regards, pradeep.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I think instead of marking the tab as hidden, you could have an onLoad script that first populates the field then hides the tab...

pakula123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas, I  will be having the script in onbefore refresh for my situation . should we use .hide()  for hiding the tab ? I tired and it does not work. Best regards, pradeep.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I just tried to run a script using the .hide() method and it works fine for me...

Also, careful with the usage of onBeforeRefresh, since this will run every time there is a screen interaction or tab merge, so it can hamper performance.

Hiding the tab is only necessary when the screen is loaded.

pakula123
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok Tamas .My colleague tried .hide() and we can see it works.

Answers (0)