cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing the data of 5 years or more ago with current landscape.

0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

We have  data stored in a tape which is  of five or more years ago and we want to view with the data with the present landscape which we are under ECC6.0 EHP5.

The data that is saved is of SAP version 3.0 / 4.6. In order to view this data with the present version that ECC6.0 EHP5, what compatibility options we need to look into and how can we view the data.

We don't want to migrate that data, we just want to view the data of that is required we may either store it with the present environment or may not store it, if data is not required.

Also we are looking for another option, for example if the data we have saved is of the SAP version 3.0 or 4.6, and in order to restore the data I suppose we have to built a standalone system of the same version because of the compatibility reasons. In such a case when can i et the old SAP software .

Please let me know the possible options.

Thanks a lot friends.

Regards,

Aarya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Brindavan_M
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is no database faster than SAP HANA database to view five years data to view. its based on your hardware resource sap parameters as well. From view at present is not possible it will give dumb error, may be you can run it background and check the same.  The data save in SAP 3.0 and you want view in ECC6.0  need R3 connection.

Thanks,

BM

0 Kudos

We don't have HANA.

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Aarya,

You have to build an older SAP version SAP version 3.0 or 4.6 to see the data in a present way.

If you are an SAP customer, you may be able to get the software via support ticket. You have to let support know your specific request in order to get SAP version 3.0 or 4.6 software package.

Best regards,
James

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. I am checking with SAP if they can provide old software.