cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock transfer from one SO to other SO with wrong material code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

One of the user did a stock transfer from Sales Order A to Sales order B.

Both sales order are created for material MxxxxxxxA. But user entered wrong material code.

In MIGO user did Mvt type 413 E for SO A Material MxxxxxxxA to SO B Material MxxxxxxxB, and posted successfully

Now in MMBE stock for material MxxxxxxxA is removed from SO A and material MxxxxxxxB increased in SO B. But SO B don't have material MxxxxxxxB.

Is this a bug in SAP?

How to avoid this error in future. .

With Best Regards.

Abin Mathew

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tuan_manh
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Abin,

I think it's not a bug, Transfer material to material is a normal transaction. The point here is user's mistakes always happen.

As I try in MIGO 413 E, when you input material in From side, system will automatically copy material number to Dest side as default. The different material number case only happens when user intends to change it.

So I think you just need to talk with your user, no change in system.

Tuan

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tuan,

I agree material to material stock transfer is normal, but the real issue while stock transfer the stock is transferred to another material and that material is not even present in that SO.

Here both SO have same material code but, even if user entered a wrong material code which is not present in the second SO the system accepted it.

Regards

Abin

tuan_manh
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Abin Mathew,

You'r right, System doesn't verify material number in Sales order stock.

I think we can think about another approach. Normally Sales order stock happens when we use Third party process or make to order, then Sales order stock will be generated when we do PGR accordingly SO items.

Transferring Sales order stock, in my point of view, could be considered as abnormal transaction, so that transferring Material to SO stock which Material number of SO item is different with transferred Material number may be used for some special purpose we have't known yet.

One point to prove that is in MIGO or MB1B, they can easy disable field received material number and copy transferred material number to received material number in stead of creating a FM to verify material number.

Best Regards,

Tuấn