Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Working on PowerBuilder .NET 12.6.

I have a datawindow control named dw_1. Inside this control is another datawindow named rpt_1 and there's a computed field on rpt_1 called compute_1. From this compute field I need to call a global function declared in the same .PBL. The same global function call is working fine when called from the DataWindow (dw_1), but the function call is not working while calling the same global function from (rpt_1) datawindow.

appreciated your help for following 2 points

1. To calling global function directly from the computed field from PowerBuilder.NET. The same is possible in PowerBuilder Classic.

2. Also I want to display a computed column as Vertical format (Property - Font.Escapement) in PowerBuilder.NET. This feature is available in PowerBuilder Classic.

Thanks & Regards,

Ninad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ninad;

FWIW: Appeon has now taken over PB's development path from SAP on July 5, 2016. From Appeon's high level 5 year roadmap it looks like PB.Net will be EOL'ed and not continue. I would highly recommend reverting back to PB Classic ASAP.

FYI: The Since feature inconsistencies you bring up are well known. Since SAP has not enhanced PB.net since purchasing it from Sybase. Your basically "out of luck" to get a fix.

Regards ... Chris

former_member190719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>From Appeon's high level 5 year roadmap it looks like PB.Net will be EOL'ed and not continue.

The earlier webcasts referred to turning it into an add-in for Visual Studio.

Bruce Armstrong's blog: Recap of PowerBuilder Future Webcast 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruce;

AFAIK, the reference to VS was for building a new DW.net like component based on newer .Net paradigms. Whether that's still in the low-level Road-map tomorrow will be interesting to see. Whatever Appeon does .Net wise, I would bet that it won't be based on WPF.

Regards ... Chris