SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Minimum Remaining Shelf Life in EINE-MHDRZ and MARA-MHDRZ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts ,

Kindly i got confused about the different between Minimum Remaining Shelf Life on both EINE-MHDRZ and MARA-MHDRZ Fields ?

Which one shall the bushiness use , as Purchase order are always take EINE-MHDRZ Field , However Purchasing is not plant specific .

Ahmed

Thanks in advance .

5 REPLIES 5

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you maintain your purchasing inforecord on plant-level, then purchasing can be plant-specific - as you always have a plant for which you procure.

Which one the business should use depends on the business requirements.

Regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias ,

Actually we are starting up with Retail , and I have two fields of Minimum Remaining Shelf Life , one in General Data View MARA-MHDRZ , and the other in Purchasing View EINE-MHDRZ within MM42 , Consultants advice us to fill the General Data part  , However its haven't any impact during Purchase order maintenance ,

So i just want to know the different between of them to be able acting accordingly .

Thanks in advance .        

0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

in general:

if EINE-MHDRZ is filled, then it should be passed to the PO item level, tab delivery. Meaning, if Minimum Remaining Shelf Life is e.g. 5 in EINE-MHDRZ, then it will be copied to the PO as soon as you create a PO in this PurchOrg. for this vendor (and basically, as stated above, could also be maintained on site level). The field in the PO from ERP perspective is (as far as I know) information only. Meaning: the warehouse clerk could check at goods receipt, if the remaining shelf life settled with vendor is valid.

For MARA-MHDRZ, I guess (not re-checked it), that nothing will happen in regards to the PO, so as soon, as a purchasing inforecord existst, this value will be taken into account for the PO. If MARA-MHDRZ e.g. is 2 and EINE-MHDRZ is blank, than value in PO should be blank (from my perspective).

As I am not aware, that MARA-MHDRZ is being copied to EINE-MHDRZ when creating / maintaing purchasing inforecord in MM4x, I guess if you maintain MARA-MHDRZ it will have no impact on the PO [but I am quite sure, this could be implemented via BAdI).

But as stated before: it depends on your requirements. Coming back to my example above: if the goods receipt is booked in an 3rd party WMS and it is one value for a material (meaning not vendor-dependent), then it could be sufficient to maintain MARA-MHDRZ and pass it with master data to WMS - WMS then would have to show the value in respective POs.

If the value is needed in ERP, then - as stated above - value in MARA-MHDRZ has no impact, so this would not be sufficient (either enhancement in article maintenance or PO creation needed to pull the value into the PO).

Additionally, it should be considered how the value is entered / where the data is coming from - manual or e.g. via GDS directly from vendor? If one wants to use EINE-MHDRZ, are there most of the time multiple vendors? How to maintain the values (effort)?

Regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your Valuable clarification

0 Kudos

One last remark: if you would use batches for your articles, then there would be functionality in SAP regarding the Minimum Remaining Shelf Life.