Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change from domain to local installation with SWPM System Rename Option

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I'm trying to change a system (AS Java 7.3) from a domain installation to a local installation.

For this I'm trying to use the system rename option of the SWPM.

So the only change is to set it to local installation. All other options remain unchanged.

While executing the rename SAPInst asks me for the DBM Operator user credentials. The user credentials I've provided are correct, but I cannot continue.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ahead.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

May I know the error message what it is appearing? Are you able to fetch the logs?

And also what is OS?

Regards,

Gopi

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

OS is Windows 2008R2 x64.

I think this is the relevant section of the log:

TRACE      2016-07-26 16:57:43.729 (OURDOMAIN\Administrator)

class com.sap.sdb.os.SdbOsToolbox | Execute command: D:\sapdb\programs\pgm\dbmcli.exe  -R d:\sapdb\JJ1\db db_reg DB JJ1 *,*

TRACE      2016-07-26 16:57:43.729 (OURDOMAIN\Administrator) [synxcchapp.cpp:270] CSyChildApplicationImpl::doStart()

Going to call CreateProcess/CreateProcessAsUser for 'D:\sapdb\programs\pgm\dbmcli.exe' now.

TRACE      2016-07-26 16:57:43.730 (OURDOMAIN\Administrator) [synxcchapp.cpp:579] CSyChildApplicationImpl::doStart()

Trying to start D:\sapdb\programs\pgm\dbmcli.exe CSySysLibCallsWrapper::syscallwrapper()->__CreateProcess__(NULL, <command line for executable D:\sapdb\programs\pgm\dbmcli.exe, NULL, NULL, TRUE, 0x420, NULL, C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW73/SBC/STANDARD, &StartupInfo, &ProcessInfo)

TRACE      2016-07-26 16:57:43.731 (OURDOMAIN\Administrator) [synxcchapp.cpp:660] CSyChildApplicationImpl::doStart()

A child process has been started. Pid = 428. Executable name: D:\sapdb\programs\pgm\dbmcli.exe

TRACE      2016-07-26 16:57:43.877 (OURDOMAIN\Administrator)

class com.sap.sdb.sllib.utils.DbCommand | ERR

TRACE      2016-07-26 16:57:43.877 (OURDOMAIN\Administrator)

class com.sap.sdb.sllib.utils.DbCommand | -24950,ERR_USRFAIL: User authorization failed

TRACE      2016-07-26 16:57:43.880 (OURDOMAIN\Administrator) [synxcpipe.cpp:172] CSyStdIOPipe::waitForOverlappedIO(int timeout)

Syslib info about system call. OS message 109 (The pipe has been ended.

) after execution of system call 'GetOverlappedResult' with parameter ((pipe to child process)), line (131) in file (d:\depot\bas\720_rel\bc_720-2_rel\gen\optu\ntamd64\ins\sapinst\impl\src\syslib\synxcpipe.cpp).

TRACE      2016-07-26 16:57:43.880 (OURDOMAIN\Administrator)

class com.sap.sdb.sllib.runtime.SdbLibInstance | com.sap.sdb.sllib.api.exceptions.OsException: ERR -24950,ERR_USRFAIL: User authorization failed , Program finished with return code: 1 Check logfile: dbmcli.exe.log

Does it help you? Do you need addtitional log files?

Thanks ahead

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

Thanks for the information.

Please find the information in the below image.

o

Please add the SID user and to that specified group and execute the same with SIDADM.

Regards,

Gopi

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

SIDADM and SAPServiceSID are members of the local group "SDB Operators".

I've executed the same as SIDADM, but got the same problem.

Any other ideas?

Thanks ahead

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Bernd,

Please try to execute the below command

dbmcli  -d SID -u superdba,admin

And start the activity again after this successful execution.

Regards,

Gopi

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I cannot execute the command above. The database is not registered. SAPInst tries to register the database with the following command and this fails:

C:\Users\sidadm>dbmcli.exe -R d:\sapdb\SID\db db_reg DB SID *,*

ERR

-24950,ERR_USRFAIL: User authorization failed

Any hint?

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

we need to give the user name and password at the end of command.

dbmcli -R d:\sapdb\SID\db db_reg DB SID <dbm_user>,<password>

Regards,

Gopi

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

thank you. But it still doesn't work:

C:\Users\sidadm>dbmcli.exe -R d:\sapdb\SID\db db_reg DB SID control,password

ERR

-24950,ERR_USRFAIL: User authorization failed

Any other hints?

Regards,

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

It is wondering me. Is the Maxdb installed properly? Any issues at the time of installation?

Also try this

Add the 'Administrators' group under:

Administrative Tools --> Local Security Policy --> Local Policies --> User Rights Assignment --> Take the ownership of files or other objects

Regards,

Gopi

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

I was wondering too. But I think I've found the reason for this curious problem.

Somewhere I've read to try a password with only 9 characters. I tried and it worked at the command line to register the database properly.

Now I'm searching for a solution how to get it working with SAPInst...

I already tried to set the correct password according to note 25591.

Error in step class com.sap.sdt.ins.component.sdb_rename_database_instance.AdaptDatabaseParameters <DBMException -24950 ERR_USRFAIL User authorization failed>

Thank you,

Bernd

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

got it working. It was a problem with the password, which was shortened to 9 characters!?!

Thanks for your help

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

That's great!!! Excellent.

Regards,

Gopi

Answers (0)