cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGUI 7.40 Configuration

0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have an issue with SAPGUI 7.40. Recently i upgraded to 7.40 and  i have the configuration file in .ini format, which i placed in the location \Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\SAP\Common...but unfortunately its not pulling the servers list. Also tried the location C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui.

Is there any tool to convert .ini to XML which i think the only supported format for sapgui 7.4 versions. Or Is there any other location where i should move the ini file.

thanks!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dinakar,

The 7.40 GUI still supports the saplogon.ini configuration file, but it depends partly upon whether you installed NWBC alongside SAPGUI during your upgrade. The \AppData\Roaming\SAP\Common folder is the correct location for it, not in Program Files, etc.

If this was an upgrade with an existing configuration, the upgrade should have handled the existing file just fine.

Double check in SAPLogon Options (click the little icon in the upper-left corner of the SAP Logon 740 dialog window, then choose Options in the drop-down menu). Drill down to SAP Logon Options... Local Configuration Files and see what is set in the path there, and which files are actually being loaded.

Also check under Server Configuration Files and see if you might be using a server-based configuration unintentionally.

Cheers,

Matt

0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thank you for the reply. I think i have installed NWBC along with it. Do i have to uninstall it ?

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, it's up to you. If you don't plan to use it, then I would remove it, as it adds complexity. However, if you do plan to use it, it can introduce more efficient ways of accessing your systems, so you might want to experiment with it. It all depends what your "front-end" strategy is.

The SAP Front End Installation Guide is present on your SAPGUI DVD (or in the image you downloaded from the Service Marketplace, more likely), under \PRES1\DOCU. Chapter 2.1 is all about configuration without NWBC, and chapter 2.2 is configuration with NWBC. If you install NWBC with SAPLogon, it's quite different, and yes, it no longer uses saplogon.ini. You'll have to convert to the new SAPUILandscape.xml format.

The upgrade should have migrated your existing configuration files into the new format, however.

It is all described in the installation guide.

0 Kudos

thanks Matt...appreciate your time.

Answers (0)