cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle the resultset of a JDBC Select statement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am trying to select data from an Oracle DB using the XI JDBC receiver adapter in a synch call. I have built a XSLT converter according to the structure shown in SAP's help: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/2e/96fd3f2d14e869e10000000a155106/content.htm

The problem I am facing now is, that I don't know how to fetch and handle the response of my select call.

Can anybody give me some advice/code snippets?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Besides the good help from Prakash and Mario you should also take in account that the XML namespace returned by the JDBC Adapter must match with the XML namespace of the message type you defined as input of your Outbound Sync MI if you want to use the response in other step.

Hope this can help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Thomas,

aktivate your Adapter. If the communication channel is working/polling OK, you will see messages in SXMB_MONI (The message is on status error = red).

This is exactly the structure you can use to design your datetype, message-type!

Regards & Grüße

Mario

Message was edited by: Mario Müller

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to know what the structure of the response of a select statement would be...

in the document it says

<row>

<column1>....</column1>

<column2>....</column2>

</row>

are these the only tags we have to use....or is there anythying else..like.. <root>...

and one more thing.can we give two statements within the root like update and then select ???

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you will have a root node like this

<Response_DT>

<row>

<column1>....</column1>

<column2>....</column2>

</row>

</Response_DT>

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try writing the DB Message (based on your select stmt) to a file adapter and see if you are getting all the values or not. If you get all the required results, use the mapping object to map the DB message to the inbound message.

If you still don't know what to do, please describe your scenario and complexity in you mapping. This would help in understanding your issues.

Satya