cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage unit type xx not maintained for material XX - Bulk and HU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus, I face this error message « Storage unit type xx not maintained for material XX”; Message no. L3086. I want to create a TO where the destination storage type has strategy B for bulk. All the settings for bulk strategy is OK in OMM4. But material has no palletization data in WM2. Reason is storage location is managed in HUM too, and I do maintain packing instruction for management of palletization. I assigned SUT to packaging material type, and It works well because the system find SUT without problem into the TO. As read in some other posts around that topic, I tried to test again after maintaining palletization data in WM2 from material: this solves the problem! I can create the TO to bulk storage type. Nevertheless, my idea is not to maintain palletization data in WM2 as already maintained the same data in packing instruction. So don’t want to do it twice! Bulk storage type is “SUT check” active. I tried also to putaway in another Bulk storage type without “SUT check” active, but not solve the problem. Would you have any idea to help me? Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Hello,

I am pretty sure that you have no other solution in standard than maintain data in WM2....

Regards

former_member234835
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi I agree,

That you will need to maintain WM2 view .

Just want to check whether you have check set unique Number assignment for hu identification under external identification .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohd,

Yes it is checked.

former_member234835
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Catherine ,

Thanks for reply, I would request you read below, It may help you.

SU management is not a must for bulk storage types . But you need to maintain WM2 view for palletization data as you must have been defined SU height and depth.

Please go through the below error details

Storage unit type xxx not maintained for material xxx

Message no. L3086

Diagnosis

There are no suitable storage units defined for the storage of this material.  These units are mandatory, however, for stock placement in block storage.

Procedure

If the material really needs to be stored in block storage, you need to set up the block storage definition accordingly.

Contact your system administrator about this error.  Note down the parameters in the error message and the situation that caused the error.

Regards

Rashid Khan

Answers (0)