cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REG: CONTRACT CREATION FOR SAME MATERIAL AND SAME CUSTOMER

0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

There is a requirement from our client.

They would like to create a contract for same material and same customer for tender purpose!!

They need to create a contract for some customers that have negotiations with the government only for price and not for volume.

I don't think we can use Quantity contract.

when a customer from a specific country places an order, we can pull up a contract with different price for a combination of customer/material.

The main aim is to capture the tender price!!

Please help me out!!!

Thanks & Regards,

Lalitha mohan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does it really have to be a contract document?

Sales deals also have validity and you can still define different conditions for customer/material combinations.

You are not going to apply prices upto a specific quantity or upto a specific value, if I understood you correctly, so this contract is some form of general agreement for specific price lists.

0 Kudos

Vaselina,

Thank you so much for the reply. The doubt is sales deal will also be activated in the sales order. This is the requirement, if tender prices come in to the picture, only tender prices should be available in the sales order else the normal price!! I do not know if contracts can be used for this purpose!!

Please clear my understanding if I am wrong!!

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In this case I would try to make use of the functionality that only the last price in the order item is used.

So for example the default base price is ZPR1 (I will get it from the generic sales deal), then from the special sales deal I get ZPR2. I assign in the pricing procedure ZPR2 to be after ZPR1.

When I create an order, both sales deal conditions will be determined, but for the first sales deal (with ZPR1) the condition will be set to inactive, because of subsequent price (special sales deal 2 with ZPR2).

I still cannot see a valid reason to use contracts.

To me it makes sense to use contract documents, when you have a certain limit for quantity or value in the signed agreement between both parties. In such case you need to monitor the contract execution against the set limits. In your process I understand such limit is not stated.

I guess, you could set some dummy value or quantity in the contract, but somehow this does not seem right, especially if you have real/regular contracts with real quantities/values and you report on contract fulfillment.

0 Kudos

Thank you veselina, but according to my understanding, creation of sales deal using VB21 is only for certain discounts and not for the other price. According to client, they want to some tender prices, and whichever wins should be added in the order. Even they were asking about vb21, but I told them that is only for discounts. Normal prices should be added through vk11 t.code. Please clear me if my understanding is wrong!!

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can also customize sales deals for condition types that are prices.

In a standard system there is even such example with sales deal 0020.and PR00.

0 Kudos

okay thanks, I checked that!! So will we be able to create base price, discount and all separately and take this in to the sales order if this price has to be selected i.e total net price calculated!! else the calculated normal price