Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Item freight cost in sales order

prakash_parikh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts/Greetings,

I have real product and software (DISC) in sales order. We have freight condition as group condition with access sequence and maintained freight cost based on gross weight on To scale in condition YF00 (Freight condition). Item category for software is TAN so its base price PR00 and freight cost YF00 is calculated. It is delivery related item. We make also delivery of software as it is hard disc and freight is charged to the customer.

Few customers request to download the software rather than getting hard disc delivered. In that case freight cost YF00 will not be applicable and will be zero. In SAP how to handle this scenario? Whether item category should be manually changed to TAW or TAD? But still it is picking freight cost although it is order related billing. Please suggest good standard SAP solution.

Thanks

Prakash P.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Couple of options are there

• Have separate pricing procedure for sale order related billing and delivery related billing so that you can exclude this freight condition type in sale order related billing straightaway

• Have two item categories (one default and another manual) where for manual item category, you set it is not relevant for pricing. By doing so, whenever the disc is downloaded, you change the item category manually in sale order and do billing.  If you opt to follow this process, don't change the existing setting of standard condition type.  Copy that, name it with zee and then make the required change

• Create a routine in VOFM, add the required logic and assign it in your pricing procedure against the freight condition type

G. Lakshmipathi

prakash_parikh
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Lakshmipati.

1.  CD have own pricing ZR00 and in pricing condition freight element condition type YF00 is added. Equipment is sold with CD together so in one sales order two line items appears. we can not have two pricing procedure for equipment and CD. Customer wants billing of both together and not separately. So this does not work.

2. Two item category will not work as CD has based price ZR00. CD can not be delivered without pricing as FREE. So not working out.

3. In VOFM what should be logic so that if CD is not delivered but downloaded; freight will be zero?

4. Option to create dummy material for CD seems to be better.

Please advise routine what should be logic for non-delivery and freight should be ZERO.

prakash_parikh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks all for reply. I resolved with VOFM routine in pricing condition making freight element ss ZERO value. Thread is closed.

former_member233130
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

i think that freight cost is coming from your condition record and if so add another field to your Access sequence,like incoterms and if downloading happens which means no transportation,create a condition record accordingly with a proper incoterms.

Hope helps.

prakash_parikh
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for suggestions. In sales order if CD is to be delivered I have to keep some incoterm, if not then another type of incoterm. Here apart from CD other line items are associated so I can not change for other line items which is constraint. We have one access sequence with Sales Organization/Dist Channel/Shipping condition-this catches route and thus calculate the freight/Region.

If I add one more access sequence prior to this it can catch whether CD should have freight charge or not. But incoterm will not work as in sales order user may forget whether to change inco term or not. Here incoterm is fixed for all line item coming from customer master. What should be key fields so if CD delivered it will have freight cost and if not delivered no freight cost.

Another proposal is that make dummy material with instructions XXXX (Download-No delivery) with zero weight so so my freight condition will be zero.

Routine in existing freight condition can also be written so that when not delivering weight is zero. But how to do that? Any idea please suggest.

Thanks you very much.