cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is SNC Future Roadmap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any one has long term future road map for SNC. Now that Ariba has "Collaborative Supply Chain" which is forecast and PO collaboration does this have any impact on SNC. I did little research and could not find more details. The recent (April 2016) SCM road map document does not talk much about SNC future road map other than usability enhancements (not listed what they are). Where as recent Ariba future road map  talks about Inventory and Quality collaboration.

The reason i am asking this is - If a prospect is looking  for a supplier collaboration in near future what would be the right path? Ariba or SNC?

Thanks

Ram

yvo_wijnen
Explorer
0 Kudos

I’d like to know if there is a recent update to this subject. What is the future of SAP SNC for Customer Collaboration (aka VMI)?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

I believe that the integration between ARIBA and SNC is already in place.What needs to be seen is  how the CTM functionality from APO is migrated to the IBM solution.From a product management perspective the wait is also for how operational procurement from S/4 HANA will actually speak with this product in the next five years.From a quality collaboration perspective , I think the link between FIORI and SNC will soon emerge as may a link with  web based design collaboration!

But then that is my wishful thinking and nothing official about it.

former_member194108
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rambabu,

I have attended a SAP connect with IT service partners. This happened after they acquired Ariba.

They mentioned SNC clearly in there plan for future. As far as I remember, they were talking about Supply Chain Orchestration and SNC was there to connect with external partners like Suppliers/Customers.

Further to this, they told Ariba will be mainly used for in-direct procurement and SNC will have scope for Direct procurement. In future there will be single portal of SNC and Ariba. I am not sure if it is already launched.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,

Rahul Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rambabu,

I have joined a partner event focused on SCM area. Most of the topics in this event was telling the tools like IBP, TM, EWM and EM. SNC was in the picture but there were very less information related to that.

During the session it was obviously saide that SNC is going to be up and running for more time. SAP could not give certain answers/decisions on Ariba migration to direct procurement processes.

Anyways my professional feeling says; in close future SAP is going to announce a much more consolidated tool including Ariba & SNC. Maybe this is going to be Ariba but it is not certain yet.

I hope this will helps...

Please let us know if you learn more specific information about SNC roadmap.

Regards,

Selim Batur