Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP migration from in-premise to SAP HANA Cloud

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thank you for being so supportive always. I need some guidance/information on moving to SAP HANA Cloud.

We are having various SAP systems but I would quote ERP for now.

Our SAP ERP ECC6.0 is lying on HP-UX and Oracle in-premise. The plan is to move to SAP HANA Cloud with an upgrade to ERP ECC6 EHP7 and migration to RHEL and SAP HANA.

What steps we need to follow to achieve this? Does the following sequence looks good or shall I change to some other strategy ?

A. Move to HEC with existing setup

B. Upgrade to ECC6 EHP7

C. Migrate to SAP HANA from Oracle

If it would have been in-premise then I understand it would be traditional approach where we can leverage the feature of SUM with DMO and can go at a shot for upgrade and migration, but I'm not sure which approach is good in case of moving to HANA Enterprise Cloud.

It was difficult to find some guide, kindly if someone knows then let me know the path.

Thank you in advance,

Sujit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit

Any approach is good as long as the client is fine with downtime window.

1. Move existing landscape to cloud --> Perform EHP7 upgrade and HANA migration using DMO

2. Perform EHP7 upgrade and HANA migration using DMO --> Move to Cloud.

Regards

Prithviraj

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prithviraj,

Thank you for your response.

As per your suggestion we can go in two steps rather than following three steps as I mentioned, sounds good. DMO can be used in this case too, good to know that. I was under impression that DMO we will use only in case of in-premise HANA migration.

Any idea about some prerequisites for moving to Cloud ?

And once we move to cloud then remaining migration process remains like traditional only ?

Best regards,

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Pre-requisites are similar to our migration process. Read below blogs.....fyi...

Rest all process remains same once your landscape is on cloud.

Regards

Prithviraj

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Prithviraj,

Started going through those blog posts and there are loads of information. Thank you for providing those links.

Would you be kind enough to let me know, how simple it is to achieve our existing infra i.e. SAP ERP ECC6.0 is lying on HP-UX and Oracle in-premise, to move to HEC.

Do we need a service contract first ?

We'll need connectivity between HEC and in-premise, how do we take our existing systems as it is to cloud ?

Thank you in advance,

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

I guess this link should help you here

SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud

There is the option to contact them and can also have a live chat.

Regards

Prithviraj

Answers (0)