Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronous timeout exceeded

PavanKumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on soap to jdbc syn scenario in pi7.4 ,where i am using soapui tool to test the webservice.

Getting below error while generation of response.

7/25/2016 07:19:55.595 PMErrorSynchronous timeout exceeded
7/25/2016 07:19:55.612 PMErrorMessage status set to FAIL
7/25/2016 07:19:55.613 PMErrorReturning to application. Exception: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessageExpiredException: Message f8878a9a-526d-11e6-9772-0000008e9f87(OUTBOUND) expired.

Is this time out issue if so where can i set out the timeout parameter in pi7.4 version. Please suggest

Regards

Pavan D

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

mate_moricz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

The Messaging System waits a specified length of time for a response during synchronous communication but if this time elapses a MessageExpired exception is triggered. Check SAP KBA 2211696.

Regards,

Mate

Snavi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

you can add the parameter syncTimeout to set/increase the timeout in soap sender.

check the sap note 1593920, on how to add/define the timeout

The default timeout is 5 minutes, so in your case, either the jdbc receiver is not sending the response back within 5 minutes or there is a load of message and all the messages are in Soap call queue to be picked up, and the message is removed from the queue after 5 minutes.

check the below link for more on synchronous timeout issues

https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/PI+Troubleshooting+Tips%3A+How+to+Tune+PI+Synchronous+Scena...

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this timeout coming for request message or response message .

Thanks,

Apu