cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Partner: Difference between ECC 6 and HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am just about to create a busness Partner in one of our Master data system ECC 6.0. The Business Parttner will include the master data of  Customer as well as Vendor. The Master datas are supposed to transfer to another System (based on HANA) over an interface. Requirement: The Business Partner data are supposed to transfer 1:1 in HANA Business partner.

1. Is there any precise distinctions between the GP of these two technologies?

2. Or are they same with all attributes and fields?

3. What we are supposed to take care before migration?

4. is there any OSS-Notes to this topic?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have to agree with Jelena that the terms that you used do not sound like well prepared for this activity. And the better you understand the terms and make use of them in search engines the better are the results, even those relevant results are already blurred from all the content and questions with the wrong terms .

open.sap.com is cost free and has already for many months several courses on the transition from an old database to a HANA database as well as detailed info on transition from ERP to the Business Suite on HANA and from ERP and non-ERP systems to S4/HANA on premise and in the cloud.  There are even videos from SAP experts in youtube.

What you are asking about the change from customers and vendors to Business partners is certainly an interesting and commonly unknown spot in the whole story, and unfortunately there is not yet much info in help.sap.com even the business partners  are already around for many years, but they got redeveloped with ECC6. I would appreciate detailed blogs in SCN, I see many here who have their hands already in S/4HANA, unfortunately they still stuck with basic questions about things that have not changed at all and they are not ready to report and blog what is really new in the details.

I have no exact answer to your question, we have some more years with ERP until S4/HANA is ready to have things included that we currently use  in ERP. We are not ready to lose functionality. But we prepare already. We will have a special MDM meeting with SAP to know what we can expect, to learn about the pitfalls, to get a start for data cleansing that might be necessary for the final transition.

This document might give you a good overview and start into the terminology The Transition to SAP® S/4HANA

And this OSS note has the latest comprehensive information including a piece of info about a report for the pre-conversion checks of business partners

2269871 - Additional information on converting to S/4HANA using SUM SP17

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I must be not the only one not able to understand this. What exactly are you calling "HANA" and what is "GP" and "another system"?  What are you trying to achieve and what exactly is the issue?

And is there any reason your local SAP support / implementation team is unable to answer these questions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I meant We do use the Business Partner (BP) functionality in ECC 6. Now We are implementing SAP HANA, where we do want to migrate our Business Partner Data. HANA is very new and advance land scape. My question is can we migrate the Business Partner Data from ECC 6 to HANA 1:1? Are any differences in Business Partner functionality of both land scape?

No I don't  have any possibility to approach local  SAP support , that's why I am asking this on SAP Community.

I have mentioned my questions in my thread which I want to know.

Regards

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Again - what do you mean by "SAP HANA"? There is Business Suite on HANA and S/4HANA. There is no such thing as "migrate to HANA", there are different SAP products based on the HANA platform. Also you seem to be confusing the database platform with the database itself. And "landscape" usually means something else entirely.

Sorry but based on what I read I'm rather uncomfortable providing any kind of guidance on this. Migration is a serious project. Based on the fact you don't seem to be aware of what exactly you are migrating to I can only guess you are not actually involved in the project implementation. So even if someone answered "yes" or "no" then what difference would it make if you are not responsible for the configuration or development of the migration tools? What would you do with this information? And how could the SCN members possibly know about all the customizations that could've been done in your system?

These questions must be raised with the team responsible for the migration or, if they are not available, with your manager.