cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing Solution Manager with a Demo Company

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to provide services for SAP Solution Manager with SAP TAO and HP QC / UFT, we need to implement the following:

• A demo company using SAP ERP
  • Solution Manager with BPCA and Testing Workbench
  • SAP TAO

We have been provided 10 Test & Demo licenses for the following:

• BOBJ
  • SYBASE
  • NW
  • CPS
  • SOLMAN
  • ERP

We don't need more than 10 users.

We have the expertise for Solution Manager, SAP TAO and HP products, but we need support on implementing the smallest possible company with SAP ERP.

Are there any documentation on how to install a simple ERP without whatever is required for a real company?

We just need something light to do PP, SD & FI/CO.

Or is there an all-in-one solution ready to download and already configured available for that purpose?

Thanks,

Dominique Labrecque

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dominique,

You could try to get a SAP IDES system installed or alternatively do a standard SAP install and play a SAP best practice system in.

Both are well documented, the best practice might have the advantage that it comes with test data and well documented business processes, that you can use as test scripts. It also comes with a lot of localized content for your country (wherever that is). The processes give you all the relevant information like customer, material, order type etc  when you create a sales order.

The activation is straight forward and well documented as well.

Hope that helps a bit

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Markus,

We started planning the installation of an IDES, but a Best Practices system is definitely worth looking into as well.

Best regards,

Dominique

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dominique,

Start off looking at the baseline packages, here you find the country versions and the documentation for each in either English or local language.

SAP Best Practices Baseline Packages – SAP Help Portal Page

As next step I would recommend to look at the service marketplace (S-User required) for heaps on information about the version you are interested in. You will find out all about the concept, authorization used (yes testing with authorization will be possible), master data, processes etc.

BP on service marketplace

Here is an example of the latest version for Germany. SAP Best Practices package

you would be interested to drill down in Manufacturing and Trade, I guess the financialcs included there would be sufficient for your testing.

Germany and US typically have the richest content, so if you don't plan to use a local version then go for one of those two.

Finally look at the Preconfigured Scenarios (here for Germany again): SAP Best Practices Baseline (Germany)

TIP: Use Internet Explorer for the Best Practice pages, I always get problems with Firefox.

Although you didn't mention procurement, in the scenario PP - SD - FI you will need to get some stock in. So a basic procurement scenario would definitely help you there.

In a click and pick configuration like Best Practice it's easy to choose too many scenarios, make sure that you cover everything but also try not to go over the top and drown in a flood of possibilities.

Don't hesitate to contact me, I've installed Best Practices multiple time. The more you stick to the described procedures and recommendations (especially for SAP version) the easier it will be.

The naming convention e.g. 3.607 means it is the 3rd release of Best Practice for ECC 6.0 EHP 7

Thanks for giving me my first correct answer that deserved you some more detailed information.

Cheers

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Markus,

This is very helpful! This gives me a lot of reading and planning to do in the following days .

I will certainly have questions soon. In the meantime, thanks again for your time!

Regards,

Dominique

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dominique

You can look into either SAP CAL ~ deploy S/4 HANA Enterprise Management on Amazon AWS cloud for example ~ system has business process implemented so work to be done on ERP side would be no work at all really .

Alternative could be RDS (Rapid Deployment Solution) which can offer a similar things, a recent ERP installation where business processes are active (fully activated version is required) ~ comes as a BluRay - can be ordered at SAP and delivered

I'm running SolMan 7.2 (but I guess you're use case is still 7.1 probably as 7.2 ramp-up version doesn't yet have that integration I believe in current version) on Amazon AWS, hooked up to S/4 HANA FPS01 Enterprise Management so I've got a managed system.

Best regards

Tom

Answers (0)