Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Termination Error: ERROR_MESSAGE_STATE in PPM

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am creating a PPM item and while creation we have a process 'Change process' for creation of cProject from PPM item. In this change process we approve PPM item and save and then refresh. This creates a cProject.

What I observed is that once I approve the change process and click on 'Save' system (portal) gives me this dump:

Could you please tell me the root cause and resolution of this error.

Best Regards

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

francesco_pezzoli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh,

Is there a corresponding dump in the backend (transaction ST22)? a short dump would deliver more information about where and why the timeout is occurring. The error message in your screenshot is very generic so it does not provide any insight.

If not, I suggest you check if you can identify where the timeout is occurring by looking for long running processes in transaction SM50 whilst saving the item in the frontend.

Best regards
Francesco

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Francesco,

Thanks for your reply.

Here is the ST22 dump of that :

Also, in SM50 I could see one entry against my SAP user-id:

Any pointers on that please?

Best Regards

Saurabh

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Francesco,

Any more pointers on this please?

Best Regards

Saurabh

francesco_pezzoli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh,

I am aware of one case where the same dump in the same scenario was caused by incorrect configuration of object link type 0INMCPROJECT under customizing "Define DFM Object Link Types".

1. Transaction SPRO: SAP Portfolio and Project Management > Common Functions > Decision Flow Management Settings > Define DFM Object Link Types

2. Select object type 0INMCPROJECT via double click

3. Ensure that field "Destination" is maintained correctly (the correct entry depends on your system landscape, but I assume it is NONE)

4. Select customizing folder "Settings for Integration Processes"

5. Again ensure that field "Destination" is maintained correctly.

If the issue persists, also check that the value of "Logical System" in the aforementioned customizing is maintained and is correct.

Best regards
Francesco

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Francesco,

Yes, you are right in that.

But in this configuration there are few other object link types like one for phase, one for item and so on and none of them have these values 'destination' and 'logical system' is maintained.

So, why only cproject's object link is required to maintain for these fields?

Best Regards

Saurabh

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Francesco,

Also, I maintained those settings for object link type 0INMCPROJECT and object link type 0INMITEM also. But still I am getting this error during PPM item refresh step (after item creation).

Still the issue persists..

Best Regards

Saurabh

francesco_pezzoli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh,

When saving the item you are automatically creating a project via DFM, and that is done by using object link type 0INMCPROJECT.

If also the other objects link types which you mention are incorrect/incomplete, then you will encounter problems (dumps or otherwise) when carrying out some action which involves those DFM object type links. This is not relevant to this scenario though.

As a general statement, if you are using DFM (as in this case) carrying out this customizing correctly and completely is not optional. You should refer to the Configuration Guidelines for PPM (see note 2026421 for PPM 6.1) and ensure that you have carried out all the customizing for DFM.

Best regards
Framcesco

francesco_pezzoli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Is it the same dump or another one (see ST22)?

Anyway, I would ensure that you have maintained the object link type customizing completely (per my earlier reply), also for the other types.

Please also be ware that there is a diagnostic functionality in SPRO to check whether the DFM customizing is consistent, this may assist in identifying if there are problems in the customizing:

SPRO
> SAP Portfolio and Project Management

> Common Functions

> Decision Flow Management Settings

> Check and Maintain Settings for DFM

Best regards
Francesco

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Francesco,

I checked ST22 dump details for my user id and I dont find any ABAP dump against my user-id today (not even for yesterday). The log exists only for 25th July.

However, the error in front end looks the same it was earlier.

Best Regards

Saurabh.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Francesco,

Yes, I checked that and found these settings are consistent.(all green)

#I am able to replicate this error in Quality client and I checked ST22 log there too, but it has not such dump.

And what is more interesting here is that above mentioned object link type settings are the same as it were earlier in development client ( Destination and logical system are blank) and no ST22 dump where as it was there in Dev.

Best Regards

Saurabh

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Francesco,

Yes, I understand that. But, I am not sure why even after maintaining object link type 0INMCPROJECT settings it is still giving time out dump during refresh activity.

Perhaps, I can raise an OSS so that you might have a better look and feel of this situation?

Your thoughts please?

Best Regards

Saurabh

francesco_pezzoli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh,

I have no further ideas at this point. If the issue persists and you cannot identify the cause, please open a Customer Incident so that my colleagues or myself can carry out a root cause analysis on your system.

Best regards,

Francesco

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Francesco,

I have raised an OSS#256601 for it.

I have also requested our security/basis guys to open connections for access to the issue.

Best Regards

Saurabh

Answers (0)