cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Projects Execution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friendz,

I am relatively new for SAP PS as from MM background, i would be needing your help in Project systems for Internal Project Executions. The Structure could be like Internal Project which will have a level 1 WBS as Planning, Procurement ( Material, Labor, Service), Commissioning. Now i want to know in details How to go about Procurement of Labor.

As far as some sort of an information gathering one way is CATS where and employee or worker is categorically mapped or assigned for a project and its consumption or usage is recorded in project s per the defined labor Hour defined.

But i would be needing your help where it is generic and then Labor is classified as Skilled, Semi Skilled and Expert with different different per hour rates for Projects. I want to procure labor based on these three categories for my internal project.

Please elaborate and explain the steps in doing so with constructs like Work Centers etc...

Thanks in Advance.

Ashu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinivasan_desingh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ash,

There are many ways to categorize based on the system you have.

1. You can categorize skill, semi skilled in Activity types. The rates are determined based on this.

2. You can categorize in Work centers.

3. If you assign people to Network activity or if you have lean staffing, then you can categorize in Employee master.

Based on the above you can procure services for labor.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Regards

Srinivasan Desingh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srinivasan,

I am adopting option 1 currently.

The issue i am getting is that i have done all required things as below mentioned :

1. Created Work Center (CR01).

2. Cost Element and Cost Center creation for Labour. (KA01, KS01)

3. Created Activity types as Skilled, Semiskilled and Expert Labour (KL01).

4. Maintained Activity type, Cost Center for my Work Center.

5. Created Standard Value Key (OP19, copying SAP1 Normal production).

6. Created Parameter (OP7B for labour and defined units).

7. Assigned SVK, Formula Key, and Cost center in relevant Costing, Scheduling tabs in Work center.

Now after all those creations and assignments i have created an internal activity against my WBS elements and in Element Overviews now assignning the services or activities to be performed like digging soil etc, where have defined Hours and also the Work Center but when now i am trying to do F4 for Activity type my created activity type is not popping up.

Have tried and checked all relevant configs and assignments but getting message as " No Activity types assigned to Cost center XXXX, Controlling Area XXXX on XX.XX.XXXX"

Please suggest

Thanks

Ashutosh

srinivasan_desingh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ash,

You need to assign a default activity type in work center. Also maintain rates in KP26.

Thanks

Regards

Srinivasan Desingh

MohanDesai
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

Check whether you have maintained the Activity Type & Cost Center in the Costing Tab while creating the Work Center.

Regards,

MRD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Mohan,

Yes i have mapped Activity type in Costing Tab in Work center please have a look and also have maintained KP26 with Cost Center.

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

Can you share the screen shot where you are not able to get the activity type for the said work center..Also is your work center applicable for Network Activities? also check your control keys..

Regards

sammar

MohanDesai
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

May be just a cross check whether you missed out any thing here;

*Check the Version Properly.

*From & To Period- Give 1-12

*Fiscal Year -2016

* Cost Center -SGPRD01

* Activity Type-LABSKI

If you have given these inputs in KP26...then I feel it has to work.

Please check and let me know.

Regards,

Mohan R. Desai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mohan and All,

My issue is resolved.

The problem was that i had Planned this Project spanning from 2016 to 2017. I had also maintained KP26 accurately for all my Activity types. But just for the year 2016 for all Activity types and not for 2017 and that was the reason that it was not popping up in my project Internal Activity Screen as shown below. But when i maintained for 2017 for my all Activity types it got populated in for my Internal Activities and have successfully processed.

Thanks... sometimes it is sheer common sense that prevails than doing all those crude configurations. Awarding points for all who have helped me including Srinivasan and Sammar.

One more thing Labour Activity cost will be added to Planned Values in Report only once these are released right in Project and then will popup in report S_ALR_87013532. Please comment.

Thanks,

Ashutosh